cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenReach says yes Plusnet + Sky/NOW say no.

mombic
Hooked

OpenReach says yes Plusnet + Sky/NOW say no.

The Openreach full fibre checker to the home says I can receive the full 900Mbp/s why is it then Plusnet and SKY/NOW all say I can’t. Maybe someone on here has the underground infrastructure maps?.

21 REPLIES 21
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: OpenReach says yes Plusnet + Sky/NOW say no.

@mombic Post the https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL results for your phone number (with the number obscured), and we may be able to advise.

No-one on here will have the BT infrastructure details.

John
mombic
Hooked

Hope it comes out ok. Still says FTTP available.

jab1
Legend

You need to contact whoever you want to go with and query this, because as you say, it says on there it is available.I note it is flagged as KCI2 Assure, but that just means basically that it requires an OR survey before installation.

John
mombic
Hooked

Many thanks for your help with this Jab 1. Those OP ISP's above refuse to accept it's available- could it be because City Fibre has just cabled the area? Also while CF's contractors were in our road they said there was no OP ducting or loose fibre cables. Are there any other OP based ISP's I can try?

jab1
Legend

Have you actually called PN or SKY? They should work from a slightly enhanced version of that availability checker, so why they say 'no' is a mystery to me, TBH. City Fibre may be 'bending the truth' bit there - there shouldn't be any 'loose cables'.

John
mombic
Hooked

Yes twice because my contract is about to end with PN and I and my neighbours won't move to CF due to the grief they've caused in our street. PN could get a lot of new customers if they get their act togeather. I'm loging off now for diner. Cheers John..

jab1
Legend

Hope you enjoyed your dinner. 😉

A couple of questions - Is your current service  underground or overhead to your property? If it is overhead , have you noticed any additional equipment on your 'telegraph' pole recently? Do you  know when the WBC FTTP line appeared on that chart?

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@mombic   what about the text below the table? Could you post that as well to see if there are any other clues?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@mombic 

Just out of interest have you tried the Address version of the Checker in case there's a database problem. Unlikely but you never know.

Enter your post code only and select your address from the drop down list.

Brian

mombic
Hooked

Morning all.

We have no poles everything is underground some in ducting some not. No idea about WBC FTTP line appeared.

As for the address ver that makes no difference.

Attached is the text below the table.

jab1
Legend

OK. Sounds like all OpenReach need to do is install the cable then, which they should have done if they say the service is 'available'.

John
mombic
Hooked

It’s been mentioned on the local social media that because CF got their cable in first OR now think it’s a lot cause as there’s only 39 houses in our road.

jab1
Legend

That sounds a little 'off' to me. If all they have to do is get the fibre cable to you in the prepared ducting, it is not a hard job. I don't know enough about the subject to comment further, sorry. Maybe @bmc  or @Mustrum would like to add their thoughts.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Assuming the text is from the phone number checker and the same as the address checker then you should be able to place an FTTP order. The only thing I can think of is the timing, ie has WBC FTTP very recently appeared on the DSL Checker?

The CF cables should be separate from the OR ones, you could try Talk Talk or Vodafone to see what they can offer, they use CF in many places - not that I recommend either, just to see if you can  get a few more bits of the jigsaw!