cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenDNS classifying plusnet homepages as "Malware"

RoryG
Grafter

OpenDNS classifying plusnet homepages as "Malware"

Within the last couple of days OpenDNS is blocking access to homepages.plus.net. My business website (www.shetland-flyer.co.uk) is hosted by Plus and is now inaccessible to anyone or any organisation using OpenDNS, I have had a customer reporting my site is blocked due to malware which doesn't look very good for any business. Any idea what the story is here and if this is going to be fixed? Never had an issue like this before, and my site certainly doesn't contain any malware!

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: OpenDNS classifying plusnet homepages as "Malware"

Very strange, I'm not aware of any changes to our homepages that would cause this. Have you been able to contact OpenDNS about this at all?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RoryG
Grafter

Hi Chris,

The security officer for the University of the Highlands and Islands (who use OpenDNS filtering) has requested a review from OpenDNS so we should hear back by tomorrow or Monday hopefully.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

A customer's website was on a Spamhaus list earlier in the week. I personally dealt with the issue and requested it delisted. Wonder if that's anything to do with it?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RoryG
Grafter

My site is certainly now working through OpenDNS, just tried it at the Uni this morning. Cheers for the help guys.

All the best,

Rory

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for letting us know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.