cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Live Chat seems to be broken?

denmayday

Online Live Chat seems to be broken?

I'm facing two issues with live support chat:

1. When I start a new chat and click pop out button it opens a popup window with spinning icon which spins forever and doesn't work
  2. When I started a new chat with your support member and switched to another browser window/tab and then switched back the chat window just disappeared... leaving me frustrated as I was waiting for response on my problem...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

Google Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

Regards

Den

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Online Live Chat seems to be broken?

Hi Den,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with Live Chat.

Are you experiencing the same issues over multiple devices or web browsers?

In the meantime, is there anything we can assist with on here?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @denmayday,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Have you got a cookie killer, pop-up or add blocker installed?  These have been reported to inhibit the correct functioning of the Chat service.

Also the Chat window can get hidden behind other windows / in other explorer tabs.  Best not to switch away from it ... though I have known it (when working properly) to keep grabbing focus and capturing key strokes which were intended for another window.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

denmayday

Hi @Townman,
I don't use any of those and an add blocker wouldn't let me open a popup I suppose. Maybe I should've tried another browser but didn't have time so would rather make a phone call.

Regards
Den