cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no, not again.

oldblokeh
Dabbler

Oh no, not again.

A year ago, almost exactly, I found that my static IP, from which I run my own mailserver, was on a Spamhaus Zen policy blacklist. It seems that Plusnet had, in their infinite wisdom, published static IP adress ranges as being dynamic. Other users had the same issue:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Spamhaus-PBL-PlusNet-Policy-on-mail-servers-amp-outbound-mail/td...

The issue was resolved, but guess what? It's back. I've raised a case on the phone, but this post might act as a "heads up" to others who may be unaware that they could be facing the same issue.

6 REPLIES 6
adream
Dabbler

Re: Oh no, not again.

Same issue here 20 minutes ago my email server was blacklisted by Spamhaus PBL registry

Highly annoying, reverse DNS still in place, email server secure.

oldblokeh
Dabbler

Apparently, the Plusnet solution is to change your static IP. This is what just happened to me:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-elevating-stupidity-to-an-art-form/td-p/156218...

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @oldblokeh,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and I've raised a response to you regarding the open ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
oldblokeh
Dabbler

Thanks for the response Alex. I appreciate your intervention.

oldblokeh
Dabbler

So...

It's now a week later, and no further forward.  I shall be leaving Plusnet for a provider not engaged in a race to the bottom with TalkTalk.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @oldblokeh

I sincerely apologies for any frustration this has caused you.

I have processed the relevant changes to your rDNS.

You can see an update on the ticket here. Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional