cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 BoostBox Won’t Work

cansics

O2 BoostBox Won’t Work

Greetings. There are old topics on BoostBox issues but they look dead.

Is there something st the plusnet end that stops an O2 BoostBox from working?

Ive manually forwarded ports even though upnp should take care of this already. Waited ages. Rebooted and reset everything lots of times and I’ve now all but given up.

O2 said my IP wasn’t owned my plusnet and was I sure I wasn’t using a Spanish provider! I’m in the UK and it’s definitely plusnet so not sure what’s going on here...

Any info would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: O2 BoostBox Won’t Work

Welcome to the forums, @cansics . I think you will find O2 are working off old data - quite few organisations have this bad habit.

If you post your IP - obscuring the last octet - we can check who most of the relevant sites are reporting as the owner.

John
cansics

Hi John, thnx for the reply.

I rebooted router again so it’s now: 146.200.117.xxx - this does appear as plusnet. The O2 box still doesn’t work though. I wondered if any ports were being blocked at plusnet.... I have the plusnet firewall on but set to low so it shouldn’t be that.

regards.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'd switch the PN firewall to off.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
cansics

Hi. It’s always been off until today when I put it on so it’s  not that I’m afraid.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@cansics wrote:

Hi John, thnx for the reply.

I rebooted router again so it’s now: 146.200.117.xxx - this does appear as plusnet. The O2 box still doesn’t work though. I wondered if any ports were being blocked at plusnet.... I have the plusnet firewall on but set to low so it shouldn’t be that.

regards.

Just a chance O2 are still working off duff IP location data - I think that block came from the U.S. and caused problems earlier - if they or their location providers haven't updated...........................

I don't think PN block any ports, but you need confirmation of that from someone whith greater knowledge than me.

John