Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nominet notice of Domain Expiry

FIXED
Sylphlord
Hooked

Nominet notice of Domain Expiry

Hi,

Just received a notice from Nominet that my domain that I set up as part of the Madasafish service has expired. This occurred last year, and I have sent a PM to Mads (staff) as they helped sort it previously.

Can you please help get the domain renewed again. 

Thanks

Jon
5 REPLIES 5
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Nominet notice of Domain Expiry

@Sylphlord wrote:
Just received a notice from Nominet that my domain that I set up as part of the Madasafish service has expired.
.. Can you please help get the domain renewed again.

@Sylphlord  Would you be able to provide details of your domain name, so that your post can be escalated for attention? I know you've sent a PM to Mads already but Support staff are quite stretched and the renewal may happen more swiftly if your request is escalated.
If you'd prefer not to disclose the domain name in a forum post, feel free to send me a PM if you wish.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Sylphlord
Hooked

Thank you, I've sent you, @Penny , a PM with the details.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I did a bit of Googling (so I've cheated) and your post reminded me to check my domains, I have a .co.uk and a .com. My .com one is pretty boring, just my name. However my main e-mail address is the .com so I checked that too.

I found the following from some provider:

When a .uk domain expires it will eventually become available for someone else to register.

Expired .uk domains are available for re purchase 90 days after the expiry date of the domain, if not renewed by the current domain owner / registrant

So the sooner you get it done the better, especially if it for something essential like e-mail.

I got so paranoid I started up Outlook and my .com e-mails are appearing on my Exchange hosting (thankfully for now!). 😀

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Fix

@Sylphlord wrote:

Thank you, I've sent you, @Penny , a PM with the details.

Thank you for the PM received earlier;  escalated your post when I got the PM, and got a notification just now that one of the Community Gaffers has kindly actioned the renewal : )

You'll be able to check that at https://www.nominet.uk/ (select Our Services then WHOIS).

Now showing: Expiry date: 29-Oct-2021

AFAIK renewals are (usually) relatively-automatic now, but it might be worth putting a note in your calendar for the last week of October next year, just to check the Nominet page to ensure your next renewal goes through on schedule.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks @Penny for helping out, and thanks to one of the Community Gaffers, whoever they are. Should it not be renamed 'Community Bosses?' 😀

Dealing with my domains is bad enough, I used to use POP3 until my sysadmin friend gave me a massive telling off about it.

Him: "I still can't believe you are using POP3".
Me: "What, why?".
Him: "Switch to Exchange hosting, on the server and is accessible by all devices, stored on the server, it just doesn't download it to just one device".
Me: "Ok".

So I paid for it, changed my domain MX records - fun and games that was (more like wasn't!). When it started to arrive at my new account I was very happy.

Yes I know what it is like when you use your own domain for e-mail. Of course there are free alternatives, but where is the fun in that? I prefer to have my own domain and have the fun and games of changing the DNS myself. Then subsequentially stressing out whether I did it correctly. 😛

Anyway @Sylphlord good to see your problem looks like it has been resolved. Sorry for rambling on (no change there then for me).