cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No webstats this morning ...

kaspencer
Rising Star

No webstats this morning ...

This morning, your webstat routines have failed. My domains affected are atworth.org.uk and kaspencer.com. I am probably not alone.

It seems that whomsoever the job of checking the webstats are working has agian gone to sleep on the job (please see your previous responses to websta failure).

Can we get them generated asap please as I don't want them to disappear into the aether without trace, as has happened before ....

Kenneth Spencer

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: No webstats this morning ...

@kaspencer wrote:

This morning...webstat routines have failed.

Did a double-take when I saw this : )  because I'd literally *just* checked the Webstats here and of course the immediate question is 'did I just do that' ?  I went back and checked. Yes, I did : )  Stats here arrived (the page says) at 04.12am today. That being today's Webstats-run, for yesterday 01/03/19.

There were a couple of instances last month (Feb) where the stats were late being generated, but both times I didn't get chance to post and when I got back here later in the day, they'd appeared. So I'd thought (hoped) the system was fairly foolproof now, has been pretty consistent for a long while.

So, no guess as to why you've not got yours 😕  if you have *two* sets missing, that might indicate a wider problem? Might be worth raising a ticket (there's a link somewhere on here for raising tickets, don't have it to hand, sorry 😕 )

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My webstats arrived at 04:07 this morning which is normal time. So it does look as though any missing stats are due to a local problem.

David
kaspencer
Rising Star

Thanks for the replies.

The webstats arrived, but a bit late, so they missed their date with the cron job.

I'm not sure why that should happen, but after collecting and processing manually, I have slightly postponed the cron time so maybe that gives a wider leeway.

Best wishes

Kenneth Spencer