Did you mean: 

No contact from plusnet

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: No contact from plusnet

Hey @pauldobson6

Thanks a lot for reaching out again and I'm sorry to see how long it's taking to get you back online. We haven't really heard much from Openreach regarding this issue since 23/11/2021, when an engineer went out to find faulty tie pairs at the exchange, caused by a recent fire.

I've just been in touch with Openreach who have escalated the matter to the relevant team on their end to provide us with a further update on this. We've been asked to review back on 07/12/2021.

Thank you for your continued patience @pauldobson6

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

In the circumstances the standard BTOR “wait another 72 hours” is wholly inappropriate.

Is this with the DSO? Is this being dealt with as just a fault after fault job, each fault being processed as a “normal fault”?

It ought to be seen as a significant BTOR failure being dealt with by someone fully owing the issue with priority. If the issue is now thought to be in exchange tied pairs … how could the external engineer have deemed the circuit was functioning correctly previously?

This will not do!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pauldobson6
Dabbler

What is latest update on this issue please, as there was supposed to be an update on 7th but I have not been informed of any as yet and still without broadband, Internet and, landline. It seems that I have to keep chasing for updates as plusnet aren't informing me
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @pauldobson6, I am really sorry for the lack of updates that you have received on this fault and for the length of time ongoing.

I am just in the process of contacting our suppliers for an update and requesting that this is escalated. Once I have a further update, I will update you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
pauldobson6
Dabbler

Thank you, but for plusnet a company that is owned by BT and a problem with Openreach also owned by bt, this is now turning into a joke
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I am really sorry for the continued delay and please be assured we want this resolved as soon as possible. It is a complex job due to a fire in the exchange and I have now taken ownership of this for you so can keep you updated going forward on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

One could ask why Plusnet, or indeed any ISP, needs to take ownership of what is a BT Openreach issue.  Do they not employ project managers of their own to fix a "complex job"?

BTOR should never have handed this service outage back to the retail partner until they had verified the service was fully restored.  Seems odd that some subscribers on this major fault were fixed days ago ... whilst others were left to raise new fault reports.

Again I ask, is this issue with BTOR DSO?  If not who needs do what to ensure that senior BTOR management are on the case?  Waiting another 72 hours or 48 hours or whatever other standard "go wait in the corner" push back is simply not appropriate or fit for the reported circumstances.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Townman  Openreach would not have responsibility for Exchange Equipment, that would be BT Wholesale.

Also the ISP responsibility would be to keep the customer informed of progress, not something Openreach have responsibility for. I suspect there is a lot more going on than is reported in this thread.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It’s still the supplier passing resolution management back to the reseller…

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openreach

“ Openreach is a functional division of telecommunications company BT plc, that maintains the telephone cables, ducts, cabinets and exchanges that connect nearly all homes and businesses in the United Kingdom to the national broadband and telephone network.”

Either that Wiki is flawed or it’s Openreach’s responsibility and failure here to deliver an end to end repair and management services for THEIR equipment. No ISP should need to be involved in managing and chasing the issues.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

You are correct, the wiki is flawed. Open reach do not own any of the equipment, including exchanges. Seems names have changed, but responsibility and ownership remains as it was :- https://www.bt.com/about/bt/our-company/group-businesses/enterprise.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Mustrum How come then that only OpenReach (and LLU providers) personnel are allowed access to exchanges for any reason?

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran

@jab1  Openreach are responsible for the lines, they terminate in the exchange - LLU suppliers also have equipment in some exchanges - again Openreach connect lines tp the equipment demarcation point.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Mustrum Seriously don't want to argue with you, but have you ever seen any vehicles, other than OpenReach ones, at an exchange? I don't think they even allow MJ Quinn or Kelly personnel to actually enter exchange buildings, and they are authourised sub-contractors.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran

@jab1  happy to take this offline, it is not helping the OP who has been badly let down bymlack of information from PN/

But yes - I used to have to take annual CBT's regaurding BT Group divisions and their responsibilities, and even now can regularily see BTW (Enterprise now) vehicles in the exchange car park  I can see from my window. Just like they don't own the BTW or LLU Broadband equipment in the exchange, they don't own the exchange, or the building.