cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mobile - what sim? My account - change preferences.

EmmPet
Dabbler

New mobile - what sim? My account - change preferences.

I have just purchased a Doro 1370 mobile phone.

The sim card from my old phone will not fit - too big.

I wish to start a sim only 'pay as you go', contract.

The card size required is - 3FF.

My present contract, is Rental with unlimited calls. And broadband.

I would like to change to - broadband, line only rental, and pay as you go unlimited calls, on the mobile.

Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere on the Plusnet site where I can  try to arrange this - or to get information about what the charges will be to me.

Can anyone help me please. I feel as though I am running round in circles.

😒

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: New mobile - what sim? My account - change preferences.

Mobile accounts are completely separate to broadband and landline accounts, apart from the fact that mobile customers benefit from better deals if they also have a broadband account.

You can find details of available mobile plans here https://www.plus.net/mobile/sim-only-30-day/existing-customer-offer

You can also change your landline from unlimited calss to line only via the normal broadband change product facility in the member centre

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@EmmPet wrote:

I have just purchased a Doro 1370 mobile phone.

The sim card from my old phone will not fit - too big.

If your sim is on O2 / Tesco (I had a similar problem) it was a straight forward request to get a new sim replacement (with all the pop out bits) on the same number as the old sim.

EmmPet
Dabbler

@billnotben 

I only keep a mobile in case of emergencies, so it doesn't get used.

I am only changing, because a phone with a camera will be useful for me.

I have had it with Virgin for a lot of years. But I want to do it all with Plusnet.

Thank you for your help.

EmmPet
Dabbler

@MisterW 

Thank you for your help.

I have had my sim card for years.

Are they all in the smaller size now?

I haven't found anywhere to state what size I need.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@EmmPet   there are 3 sizes of sim in use currently, mini, micro and nano in decreasing order of size. All sims supplied  these days have precut sectionscto allow you to press out the size you need. According to the spec I can find for the Doro ,I it uses the micro size.

Theres useful description of sizes here https://www.tuffphones.co.uk/blog/sim-card-information

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmmPet
Dabbler

Thank you for the link, I found it interesting.

Can I arrange my changes now? 

Do you happen to know the charge for land line rental (without calls)?

Am I correct in thinking that I need a land line in order to get my broadband connection?

It is a plusnet Wi Fi that I have.

I am of the age where carrier pigeons were the form of corresponding. 🕊

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Am I correct in thinking that I need a land line in order to get my broadband connection? YES

Do you happen to know the charge for land line rental (without calls)? You can find the details here https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/call-plans/ The basic line only ( pay as you call ) is included with your line rental.  If you currently have included calls then you have an additional call plan ( presumably Unlimied UK and Mobile calls at £9/month.

As I said earlier, mobile is completely separate to any broadband and landline. You will need to contact the Mobile people directly https://www.plus.net/mobile/sim-only-30-day/existing-customer-offer to arrange that.

Your landline call plan can be changed from the member centre but given your comment 'I am of the age where carrier pigeons were the form of corresponding' it might be better to wait fro a PlusNet staff member to come along and assist with it.

EmmPet
Dabbler

Thank you so much for your help - and patience.

I will wait until things get back to normal, then give the mobile people a ring.

thanks.JPG