cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New .co.uk domain

markshaw

New .co.uk domain

Hi
What are the limitations on doing this .,., .,I chose the  opt in and selected a domain that is not registered and then get an error .. I raised a ticket and got a ludicrously ambiguous reply .. that my account doesn't support it
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
OK .. so i now get a response that I can have a domain that can be used for email but has no web space which is what I want .. and then they tell me that I can't really because its broken ..
[font=Verdana]I apologise that my previous reply was not fully clear. Our current packages (Extra and Value) do not offer the functionality of hosting a domain. Although I can confirm that you can choose to have a £1 a month new .co.uk domain added to your account, but this would not come with any webspace and could only be used for email.
Unfortunately we have a problem currently preventing our systems from registering a domain as a £1 per month option, the reference for this problem is "70057". We do not currently have a projected fix date for this issue at this time.
Once the problem is resolved we will be able to register a £1 a month domain if you wish, I would advise contacting us in a couple of months to see if the internal issue has been resolved.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
[/font]

Plusnet ...  PLEASE remove this option from the portal so nobody else wastes their time trying to get a service that you cannot provide
4 REPLIES 4
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New .co.uk domain

And why, indeed, would you want to pay £1 a month for a .co.uk when you can get one for a quarter of that elsewhere!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the heads up markshaw, I've flagged this for internal attention as that really does need sorting. Sorry about the hassle there, not a lot I can do to help at the moment I'm afraid but we'll see what happens.
waynehoyle

This problem STILL exists as of 12th November 2012 - with no ETA 😞
How the hell can I do DNS changes for my website now:-(
itsme
Grafter

Do not understand from the OP how the DNS is affected.