Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Secure Site Login Procedures.

FIXED
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

New Secure Site Login Procedures.

I've had several letters and emails from secure service providers recently (savings, share dealing, Bank etc) all saying the same thing, that from mid-March there will be an extra layer of security involved when logging in, which is usually a separate code texted to a mobile phone. Some of them seem to be applying much more rigorous conditions than others (such as the time allowed for using the web site before an auto-logoff takes place).

I am assuming that they all are complying with some kind of legislation but I can't find it anywhere. Would some kind soul be able to post a link to it?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: New Secure Site Login Procedures.

Fix

Its PSD2 and SCA https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_customer_authentication

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

@MisterW 

Brilliant! Thanks mate. 👍

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's fine for those who have a mobile signal at home!  I'm in a "Not spot" midway between London and Cambridge, OK from the top of the hill at the top of the garden or 100 metres up the road closer to the mast.  Not exactly conducive to verifying an online transaction in the limited time allowed?

HMRC deployed this two years ago, but had to relent and allow a landline number because a great number of tax payers would have to revert to the old paper forms.

One step forward - two back. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.