cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hostopia ccgi space - Replace Under Construction page with my old index.php?

jtonline
Grafter

New Hostopia ccgi space - Replace Under Construction page with my old index.php?

Hi.,
This morning, I got the e-mail to say my site had been migrated to the new platform.
I have been into the Control Panel and have created a master FTP password & have used CoffeeCup Free FTP package to view my files etc.
When I viewed the ccgi.jtonline.plus.com site in a browser I got a 'This site is currently under construction' image.  This is being generated by the file index.phtml in my /public folder.
I have renamed the index.phtml file to under_construction.phtml
However, although my old index.php file that loads my Wordpress blog was migrated to the /public folder, it's not being seen by my browser, as now I just get a 404 Page Not Found error when I navigate to the new ccgi space.
Does the default start page have to be index.phtml & if so, how do I edit the code in the index.php file to get it to work?
I haven't changed the DNS records for my hosted domain yet as I want to check everything works on the new space first.
Sorry if this is just basic stuff, but it's confused me  Huh
6 REPLIES 6
jtonline
Grafter

Re: New Hostopia ccgi space - Replace Under Construction page with my old index.php?

Is it something to do with .htaccess?
I've appended this from my old .htaccess onto the bottom of the .htaccess file that was created for me in the root of my webspace:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ -
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

But that hasn't fixed the problem I'm having.  Embarrassed
Gabe
Grafter

Re: New Hostopia ccgi space - Replace Under Construction page with my old index.php?

Nope, this sounds wrong. index.php should be recognised as an index file. You could try adding
DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.php index.pl index.cgi

to the .htaccess file in /public, just to check, but it should be in the config already.
There may be more than one problem. If I try ccgi.jtonline.plus.com/index.php, Wordpress tries to install itself, which suggests it can't see its tables. It then goes into a loop - might be worth removing that rewrite, just for the moment.
Looks like Hostopia may need to sort this.
Gabe
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Having a look at this now. I think the index thing is .htaccess related however the second point Gabe's mentioned requires some investigation on our part.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jtonline
Grafter

Thanks guys,
I've just installed phpMyAdmin in the Control Panel and it seems like I have a completely different MySQL database set up than the one Hostopia have put in my WordPress wp-config.php file  Shocked  It looks like the database name, user, password and server details in that file are all for somebody else.
My Wordpress files are in the subdirectory /blog off /public as they are on the old ccgi platform.  But I want to be able to load the website by going to the root like it does on the old platform where my hosted www.jtonline.info domain is currently pointed.
Can someone look into this for me or do I need to raise a ticket?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: jtonline
Can someone look into this for me or do I need to raise a ticket?

Just finished looking. How are things now?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jtonline
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Just finished looking. How are things now?

Ah, that looks better, thanks Bob.  I think my next step will be to turn off the blog on the old platform & make the necessary changes to the DNS records for my domain & give it some time to propagate & then come back to it.  There are likely to be a few tweaks to files that I'll need to do where I've used the old platform URL.  I don't mind too much though because the site is only a hobby and I'm grateful for the webspace.