Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGI platform - FTP login

nkhughes
Dabbler

New CGI platform - FTP login

Hello,
It seems from a couple of the posts recently that I should be able to login to the CGI server with Filezilla using my CGI control panel login and password, and not have to set up a new user using the "Directory FTP" section of FTP Manager. It doesn't seem to work though when I try any of
<username>
ccgi.<username>.plus.com
<username>.ccgi.<username>.plus.com
Do I have to set up "Master FTP" for this to work?
If I set up a new user in "Directory FTP" I can login using the resulting <new user>.ccgi.<username>.plus.com

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New CGI platform - FTP login

I suggest setting up a master password (bottom left of the panel in FTP Manager) then try that with FileZilla with username set to ccgi.<username>.plus.com. Logging in using the master credentials gives you access to your complete filespace rather than just the directory nominated when setting up the Directory FTP user.
I think the master password should start off as the password in the welcome email, but I'm not sure if it changes when you make the enforced change to set your own Control Panel password. However setting a new master password should fix this.
David
David
nkhughes
Dabbler

Re: New CGI platform - FTP login

Quote from: spraxyt
I think the master password should start off as the password in the welcome email, but I'm not sure if it changes when you make the enforced change to set your own Control Panel password. However setting a new master password should fix this.

OK...that makes sense. I've set the master password now, so that it matches the control panel, and Filezilla works fine using it.
Thanks.