Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CGI, a few questions: snapshots, DBs, ftp access to old ccgi...force9.co.uk

marku
Grafter

New CGI, a few questions: snapshots, DBs, ftp access to old ccgi...force9.co.uk

Hi.
I was notified last night that for my user the new cgi space was up and running.  Tonight I have started on the challenging road of getting everything up and running in the new environment and have a few questions that may be someone could point me in the right direction to resolve.

1) When was the snapshot taken from my old ccgi...force9.co.uk to restore to the new. Looking at some of the files on the new they date back to October 2013 and there have been a few changes since then
2) Do I still have FTP access to the old ccgi ... force9.co.uk so that I could go through a gradual and accurate migration of old to new if the snapshot in 1) is older than say last Saturday.
    I have tried to access it with my old credentials but no success
3) I had 1 Wordpress,1 Moodle and 2 Joomla sites on the old platform. None of them work now. Do I need to go through a process of accessing the old db's via phpadmin (if I still have access), backing up the db's to some local filestore and re-importing via phpadmin to the new.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.
BTW, I checked out one of my perl sites (.pl) at lunchtime on the new platform and instead of it executing, it was public read because of an 'AddHandler' omission in the default .htaccess 
....... the air was BLUE
Marku
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New CGI, a few questions: snapshots, DBs, ftp access to old ccgi...force9.co.uk

The "challenge" is meant to be non-existent. Hostopia should have created a dump of your Force9 database and imported it into a new MySQL 5 database on the new server. They should have edited the package configuration files to reflect the changed credentials for access to the new database.
However, since you are a Force9 user - based on experience I suspect database names in the configuration files will probably still contain the old name username_f9 instead of being updated to username_f9_ccgi_username_force9_co_uk. (each instance of username should, of course, be replaced by your Force9 username.)  If this is the case correcting the respective configuration files should restore database access for your installed packages.
You will need to view a configuration file to obtain the password for connecting to the new database.
David
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: New CGI, a few questions: snapshots, DBs, ftp access to old ccgi...force9.co.uk

Quote from: marku
1) When was the snapshot taken from my old ccgi...force9.co.uk to restore to the new. Looking at some of the files on the new they date back to October 2013 and there have been a few changes since then

It's possible that the data is old. Let me know if you'd like me to request a recent dump to be ported across.
2) Do I still have FTP access to the old ccgi ... force9.co.uk so that I could go through a gradual and accurate migration of old to new if the snapshot in 1) is older than say last Saturday.

As above, you shouldn't need to do this.
I have tried to access it with my old credentials but no success

We've not done anything to stop customers accessing the old FTP servers.
3) I had 1 Wordpress,1 Moodle and 2 Joomla sites on the old platform. None of them work now. Do I need to go through a process of accessing the old db's via phpadmin (if I still have access), backing up the db's to some local filestore and re-importing via phpadmin to the new.

Sounds like your SQL credentials weren't updated. You can get this information from the MySQL Manager in the Control Panel, You'll need to set a new password there. Let me know if you're struggling and I'll help out.
BTW, I checked out one of my perl sites (.pl) at lunchtime on the new platform and instead of it executing, it was public read because of an 'AddHandler' omission in the default .htaccess

Known problem which should now be fixed. Still missing a Python handler for most but that should be sorted today.

....... the air was BLUE

Sorry Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

marku
Grafter

many thanks Bob for your response.
I'll raise a ticket to answer your points.
- 1)Essentially I do need a later dump to be ported across
- 2) With a later dump you're right I shouldn't need to manually copy aX
- 3) With a little jiggery pokery I can access the old FTP servers by using the IP address instead of a FQDN (which now points to new)
- 4) It's not the db credentials, it's a little more fundamental, the db is empty which you said will be addressed (in another post)
Marku

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

- 3) With a little jiggery pokery I can access the old FTP servers by using the IP address instead of a FQDN (which now points to new)

ccgi.force9.net or cshell.force9.net should work?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵