Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name servers for domain hosting

FIXED
jon
Grafter

Name servers for domain hosting

My parents have previously had a custom domain hosted by plus net. I then switched them to another host but the domain is still showing under custom domains in the plus net control panel. I'd now like to switch back to plus net hosting (as the current host is losing emails they are forwarding) but I can't remember what name servers I used prevoiusly. What plus net name servers should I use?

Jon

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Name servers for domain hosting

Fix

If the domain still shows in the Hosting Control Panel are you sure it was ever moved away from Plusnet? What does whois show as its IPStag?

The Plusnet name servers are ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net

David
jon
Grafter

It was never registered with plus net, only hosted, the ipstag has always been LIVEDOMAINS (ukreg).

Yes I am sure I'm not currently using the plus net name servers.

Thanks for the information, I'll try that and see if it works.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If I understand things correctly, PlusNet's dropped hosting for new customers 17 Dec 17 and in response to a specific question I asked, that applies to any new hosting request for existing users as well.  Therefore you might find that you cannot return (repoint) the domain name to Plusnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.