cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySql not working?

greenofashbourn
Grafter

MySql not working?

I've never tried accessing my plus.net MySql before, but feeling bold after a day playing with PHP and SQL at work thought I'd have a look - but I just get an error message (10060: Connection Timeout) when trying to access mysql.plus.net.
Is this a temporary problem, a permanent problem - or am I doing something wrong?
Cheers in advance,
Stuart
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: MySql not working?

Well it's working for me, just logged in.
Have you actually activated MySQL (and CGI) on your account?
David
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi greenofashbourne,
I can see the mysql and new CGI components are active on your account, but your mysql password won't necessarily be the same as that on your account. The best bet is to request a password reset via the portal tool, that should let you in - please let us know if not.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just a thought - you can't access it from a non-Plusnet connection, could that be the reason why?
greenofashbourn
Grafter

Cheers Matt - it was your final comment that explained all!
I had read the following in the page of my control centre and thought it meant "from any location" when it presumably means "from IE, Firefox, Opera or Chrome"!
"You're in complete control of your database at the MySQL Administration centre, from any web browser. "
Maybe my brain isn't working so well after all...
Thanks all,
Stuart
Shaunus4

Quote from: Matt
Just a thought - you can't access it from a non-Plusnet connection, could that be the reason why?

Ah thanks, this must be why I'm having problems today too.  Is there any workaround that will allow me to access the MySQL Administration centre when I am travelling, and not at my plus.net hosted broadband connection?  Seems a bit of a major restriction otherwise!  Undecided
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

You could always setup a VPN to your home PC, connect via VPN and use Remote desktop to your home PC to access it Wink
Alternatively just setup apache on your home PC with a php mirror script..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!