cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQLi reported: Access denied for user 'ccgi....

stuck
Rising Star

MySQLi reported: Access denied for user 'ccgi....

I know almost nothing about MySQL & PHP but you've got to start somewhere.

In another thread I learnt that I couldn't get to my CGI home page because PHP was at v5.6.  I changed that to:

PHP-DEFAULT (version 7.1)

and that seemed to work.  I still couldn't get the small Zenphoto gallery I had on there working so I decided to start again.  Using MySQL Manager I deleted the existing dbs.  Using File Manager Pro I deleted the image gallery folder.  I used MySQL Manger to create a new db and then uploaded the latest version of Zenphoto.

To install Zenphoto I navigated to the relevant URL, ccgi.[myusername].plus.com/imageGallery, and sure enough Zen's setup kicked in.  However it fails with:

Error! MySQLi reported: Access denied for user '[the correct db name]'@'10.130.1.90' (using password: YES)

I've checked the relevant config file (zenohto.cfg.php) and it does contain the right db, username and password.

Meanwhile in File Manager Pro, the /databases folder is empty.  Should it not contain stuff as a consequence of me creating a db via SQL Manager?

Any clues why the correct db details are returning an error?

stuck

13 REPLIES 13
stuck
Rising Star

Re: MySQLi reported: Access denied for user 'ccgi....

Hmm, another thread with lots of views but no replies.  Once upon a time you got fairly rapid feedback in these forums but maybe I'm asking too niche a question.

I also put this question to the Support peole who fixed the other issue I had recently (https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/can-t-get-to-my-ccgi-home-page/m-p/1613317) and had nothing but silence from them as well.

No one got any ideas?

stuck

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Error! MySQLi reported: Access denied for user '[the correct db name]'@'10.130.1.90' (using password: YES)

Are you sure you have the database server address/hostname set correctly? That local IP address looks suspicious to me. You should be using sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu

Also, that bit of code is expecting a database user, not a database name.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

stuck
Rising Star

I'm not at my home PC this instant so I can't confirm but:

sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu

looks very familiar so I'll be surprised if I'm not using that.

I don't remember it being this hard when I first dabbled with CGI many years ago and first installed zenphoto back then.  I will look again at the settings but that won't be until tomorrow evening.

stuck

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

During the install, your settings should look something like this (replacing with your own database creds of course)...

zenphoto.JPG

I've just tried installing the software myself, and didn't encounter any problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

stuck
Rising Star

As I said, I'm not at my home PC at the moment but that's the dialog I get and I'm sure I have the correct entries in each field Above it is where I see the error that I reported in my original post.  Also, as in my original post, if I look at the zenphoto.cfg.php file it too has what looks like the correct entries.  Yet zenphoto doesn't work.

I'm sure that when I use MySQL Manager to create an empty db that something should appear in the /database folder but that folder is empty, despite MySQL manger appearing to create something and to which I apear to be able to log into via MySQL Manager.  Since that folder is empty I'm not realy surprised that zenphoto fails to connect to the db, since there's nothing there to connect too.

If a quick (albeit nuclear) fix would be for you at your end to wave a magic wand and reset my CGI space to its fresh out the box default state then I don't mind.  i won't lose anything if you do that as there's nothing on there at the moment to lose.

stuck

stuck
Rising Star

...You should be using sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu

Now that I'm at home and logged in to my CGI space I can see that when ever I use MySQL Manager it creates dbs that are on:

sql5c51c.megasqlservers.eu

Is that the problem?

If so how do I make it use ...51a... ?  I can't see any way of doing that.

stuck

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@stuck wrote:

Now that I'm at home and logged in to my CGI space I can see that when ever I use MySQL Manager it creates dbs that are on:

sql5c51c.megasqlservers.eu

That should read 
sql5c50c.megasqlservers.eu, and is the host name you should use.

Your problem is the fact that you've created a database user but not a database.

From the MySQL Manager, highlight the user account, enter your password towards the bottom and login.

Once logged in, highlight CREATE > DATABASE, enter a name for your database then click 'Build Query' then 'Run Query'.

sql.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

stuck
Rising Star

I was doing that but still the zenphoto installation failed.

HOWEVER, things have taken a step backwards today and when I navigate to my cgi home page I get the same error that started this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/can-t-get-to-my-ccgi-home-page/td-p/1605190

As you can see from that thread that issue was passed to Support and they told me to change from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7, which I did and all was well until today when once again as described in that thread, I can log into my CGI space but I can't navigate to it.  When I do log in PHP manger tells me I'm using PGP 7.1.  Changing it to PHP 7.2, the only other option in PHP Manager, has no effect.

I've already asked several times but not had an answer, can these issues be fixed by someone at Plusnet reseting my CGI space back to its default / unused state?  If so please do that.

stuck

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@stuck wrote:

I was doing that but still the zenphoto installation failed.

Fair enough, I just noticed that you hadn't when I took a quick look at your account. You must have been in the middle of fiddling with things.

HOWEVER, things have taken a step backwards today and when I navigate to my cgi home page I get the same error that started this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/can-t-get-to-my-ccgi-home-page/td-p/1605190

It's something to do with your .htaccess file. I've renamed it .htaccess.txt and you'll notice you can now access the /imageGallery setup URL.

I've already asked several times but not had an answer, can these issues be fixed by someone at Plusnet reseting my CGI space back to its default / unused state?  If so please do that.

Nothing we can do this side that you can't do yourself I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

stuck
Rising Star

@bobpullen wrote:

It's something to do with your .htaccess file. I've renamed it .htaccess.txt and you'll notice you can now access the /imageGallery setup URL. 

Ah ha!  Yes, that's better.  Thank you.  Curious though the way that issue disappeared when I first switched from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7 becasuse the .htaccess file has been unchanged throughout.  No matter...

I'm still stuck (see why I chose that as a username?) with zenphoto.  The installer again said:

Error! MySQLi reported: Access denied for user '[the correct db name]'@'10.130.1.90' (using password: YES)

but when I look in the config file (.../imageGallery/zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php) it appers to contain the correct db credentials, in the correct places.

Huh

stuck

stuck
Rising Star

Hmm, can't explain it but I tried one more time and it worked this time...

Roll_eyes

stuck

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear it. Hopefully the end of your woes Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

stuck
Rising Star

@bobpullen wrote:

...Hopefully the end of your woes Smiley

For now perhaps but there's a reason why I chose 'stuck' as my username so I'm failry sure I'll be back with another question at some point.

Meanwhile, thanks again.

stuck