cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL problems

GinSoakedBoy

MySQL problems

I'm trying to get a database set up on mysql with a PHP front-end to interface with it so people can search and query the database.
I can access mysql through Plusnets phpMYAdmin on both servers fine.
I made the database in Microsoft Access 2007, which has a feature to upload directly to mysql. If I put in the following settings it comes up with a connection error:

I have also tried installing a front-end called 'dadabik' onto my ccgi webspace, when I run the install.php I get the following error:

'Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql.plus.net' (4) in /share/storage/01/bl/blueshed/MPIndex/include/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 358
[06] Error: during database connection.'

I am using the following settings in the config script:

// dbms type ('mysql'|'postgres7'|'postgres8'|'mssql'|'oci8po') (oci8po is Oracle)
$dbms_type = 'mysql';
// DBMS server host
$host = 'mysql.plus.net'; // the name or the IP of the host where the DBMS is running e.g. "localhost"; for mssql you may need the instance name too e.g. "127.0.0.1\SQLEXPRESS"
// database name
$db_name = 'blueshed_pn';
// database user
$user = 'blueshed'; // this user must have select, insert, update, delete permissions, create and drop permissions are also needed for installation and administration area e.g. 'root'
// database password
$pass = '**********';
// DaDaBIK complete url (e.g. http://www.mysite.com/path_to_dadabik/)
$site_url = 'http://ccgi.blueshed.plus.com/MPIndex/';
// DaDaBIK url path (e.g. if $site_url is http://www.mysite.com/path_to_dadabik/ this should be /path_to_dadabik/)
$site_path = '/MPIndex/';

I also cannot access mysql with 'Navicat' a mysql admin application.
Is it the settings that I am using or is there some problem with accessing the mysql?

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: MySQL problems

The mysql servers are rumpus.plus.net and humbug.plus.net.  I suspect you should be using one of those.  I've never heard of mysql.plus.net, but it does resolve to mysql.plus.net.uk, so may be an old one from the old business portal.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GinSoakedBoy

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'd just figured out to put 'rumpus' as the host name for 'dadabik'.
rumpus.plus.net seems to work for Navicat but Microsoft Access doesn't seem to want to work, I'm not entirely sure why.
Edit: Looks like Navicat can import database files anyway, so I may not need access.
Assos
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
I've never heard of mysql.plus.net

It's the web address for phpMyAdmin Smiley
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Ah ha.  Right o.  Thanks Daniel.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

oliverb
Grafter

Two thoughts:
1: I think the database name would have to be "blueshed_pn", you only get one "database" with each account AFAIK
2: I'm not sure if Plusnet even allow direct access, I think its set up so only the CGI server (and admin server) can access it
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You can access your MySQL database externally from ccgi.