cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL problem: Database error 2006 while doing query MySQL server has gone away

systemcorehome

MySQL problem: Database error 2006 while doing query MySQL server has gone away

Are there currently issues with the MySQL databases (Our db is on: sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu) ?
We are trying to work on our site - has been ok but we are now often getting a non responsive dbase  / browser hangs, and then a time out message that says: " Database error 2006 while doing query MySQL server has gone away"
What's going on? phpmyadmin has the same issues. Driving us a bit mad - are there any known issues at the moment?
Thanks
Al Cain

6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: MySQL problem: Database error 2006 while doing query MySQL server has gone away

Our databases are working OK at the moment. But I don't know if there were problems earlier.
Normally I get emails from a forum if database access fails. Haven't had any of those.
David
systemcorehome

Re: MySQL problem: Database error 2006 while doing query MySQL server has gone away

Hi spraxyt  -thanks for responding
Er.. perhaps you could take my post as an "email from a forum if database access fails" !!? That's exactly what this is isn’t it?!
The database has just started doing it yet again, giving the same error:  " Database error 2006 while doing query MySQL server has gone away"
It's intermittent but regularly recurring.
Our db is on: sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu
Dbname is: systemcorehome_pn_ccgi_systemcorehome_plus_com
Thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Sorry, as a customer I've no access to your database.
I'm not experiencing any errors from MySQL. Is the query that's failing trying to retrieve large amounts of information - eg large blob content? Wondering if it's a packet size problem.
David
systemcorehome

We're hardly loading the db at all. Very odd.
Do you know if Plusnet have any sort of 'system status' page for their hosting accounts / or a current issues page?
It's also quite hard to post a simple technical support request for hosting packages.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

There is a service status category for CGI Hosting but its rare for anything to be posted in it.
If you want to raise a CGI Hosting ticket you can type help.plus.net in the address bar and there's a link in the right-hand column.
Otherwise you could post the question here.
David
systemcorehome

Thx spraxyt
Finally found the page where I can actually post a question to support.
Re: System status: - nah - plusnet only seem to focus on the core business there (i.e. broadband connectivity etc).
Thx for your pointers - I'll have to raise this problem more formerly with plusnet.