Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL...What happens next?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

MySQL...What happens next?

Hi
I've activated MySQL on my account Friday night.
What happens next as I've had no email as yet unlike when I activated CCGI.
Is this a longer process?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
18 REPLIES 18
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: MySQL...What happens next?

You should have received something by now. DIsable then re-enable it again and if you have still not received an email by tomorrow raise a ticket.
You have checked your spam folder?
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks Peter
I will try a reset and re-enable tomorrow if needed.
Nothing out of the ordinary in my spam folder.
Cheers
Dick
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The sam thing has hapend to me on my PlusNet account & my F9 account as well, no eMail for my CGI & MySQL space as well on both accounts I dIsable them & re-enabled them ticket numbert 24307326
This was the response from PlusNet
you cgi space is already active
Please check the CGI support section for help and information on the CGI service:
http://www.plus.net/support/webspace/cgi_php/

Not applicable

I never got emails for mine when I activated them, I remember raising the tickets asking when the message would arrive, to be told that they were activated.
I'm pretty certain the password was just the same as my main account password for both of them, rather than being something different as the support docs imply.
nadger
Rising Star

I received emails regarding mysql database and passwords were totally different to my normal password.
Date: 08/25/07 16:40:11
To: postmaster@*****.plus.com
Subject: Database Creation details

Dear Customer,

Congratulations, you have successfully set up your new  MYSQL database account.You
are now one step closer to building powerful dynamically driven websites.To get you started
we suggest you take a look at some of the links detailed below and keep this e-mail safe
as it contains all of the details you need to log on successfully.

MYSQL Database Account Details
------------------------------
The Details of your MYSQL database account are as follows:

MySQL Host: humbug
Username: ********
Password: a23aea***1160271
DB Name: *****_pn
Not applicable

Hmm - My memory must be faulty then! It doesn't look like the passwords could be the same based on your example.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

They have never been the same for MySQL.
It is the same for CCGI, although if you change your portal password the ccgi one will stay as it was.
Strat
Community Veteran

I don't even know which server I'm on :'(......(although one appears to be aptly named)

I'm currently at work so when I get home tonight I will check my Inbox.
If there is nothing I will re-enable MySQL.
Strat
Community Veteran

I may have one possible answer to my problem.
Postini appears to be refusing Plusnet emails to Plusnet again with a 571 error.
This used to happen and was fixed.
Strat
Community Veteran

I've raised a ticket ( 24342504 ) on this issue this morning.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

The Data Protection Act been taken to far, have a look at this to my ticket numbert 24307326
Thank you for getting back to us.
Unfortunately you will need to raise a ticket on the plusnet account as well, I appreciate that the account is yours however it would be breaching the data protection act if we where to release information such as this on another account.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is a joke, coming out with that, thay need to read the Data Protection Act.  Angry
Not applicable

Come on Gary - if you are going to complain publically, you at least need to include enough info for folks to have some clue as to what you are talking about!
What did you ask them to do?
If you asked them to give you the details for your F9 account on your PN account, then yes, the DPA is not relevant.
However, I'm always happier for them to be over-cautious with our data, rather than under-cautious!
Wouldn't it have been as fast to raise the ticket on the correct account? (Presuming thats the problem with the limited info you shared.)
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Hi James
I asked them for my PlusNet info on my F9 account regarding my CGI & MySQL space, and yes it would have been easier to open a new ticket. 
Watt I am Going to do!   Sad
[Edit]
Update I have open a New ticket on my PlusNet account, ticket number 24348015
Not applicable

I'd find it hard to critise PN for only giving account details in a ticket on the account in question.
I manage a number of PN accounts, and whilst the Comms guys will often give bits of advice and theoreticals for each account, I still have to raise a ticket on the account I want something actioning on.
Its good for traceability (for both sides) and its a sensible security practice.
I can see your point, where they know the same person has a couple of accounts it should be possible to divulge the details, however, its a burden I'd rather not see the CS guys under.
So long as we raise the tickets on the right accounts, they are covered, and so are we.

Wrong to quote the DPA, but right to request you raise the ticket on the account you wanted to get details for IMO.