cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL 5.0 or higher needed for Wordpress 3.3.1

Josals

MySQL 5.0 or higher needed for Wordpress 3.3.1

Hi
I am trying to install Wordpress in my hosted domain with Plusnet.  I have activated the CGI and MySQL, I have downloaded and FTP'd the WP files to my CGI space,  I have edited all the permissions per other posts on this site (thanks guys  Wink ) and have got as far as calling the install.php and then I get the Wordpress error page that informs me that I have insufficient requirements and that:
  "You cannot install because WordPress 3.3.1 requires MySQL version 5.0 or higher. You are running version 4.1.11"
Any ideas gratefully received - thanks
Joe
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: MySQL 5.0 or higher needed for Wordpress 3.3.1

I'm afraid the advice is going to be abrupt: find somewhere else to host the site. There's no knowing how long you'd have to wait for Plusnet to update mySQL!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Josals

Hi
Having spent a wee while trying to tease this one out before posting here and stumbling across a similar request from 2007 - I understand what you're saying!  It was in the vain hope that maybe something might have changed since then!
Cheers for the abrupt reply!
Sad
Joe
Gabe
Grafter

Yup, PN procrastination tends toward the cavalier. You can get WP 3.3.1 to run on ccgi, but it's a pain in the posterior to update. John's abrupt advice is sound.
Gabe