cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My web space uploads have been removed!!

esseff
Grafter

My web space uploads have been removed!!

I log in this morning to find everything has disappeared. All that's left is something telling me I have exceeded my web space. WTH! Surely if I did I should be told about it and asked to remove something, or better yet, been informed at the time that I was so not be able to add more. Even reduce it back to the limit by deleting the latest uploads,, but to have it all thrown away like that, without a word, as if my using it meant nothing, when it contained many, many separate things,  is not the way to go about it. I have been a PN customer for a long time. This is not the way to do things.
What does your logo say - 'we'll do you proud'? Not today you haven't.
13 REPLIES 13
esseff
Grafter

Re: My web space uploads have been removed!!

OK, I read the linked page properly now. Still annoyed but I understand.
++ MESSAGE FOR NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR ++
I, (esseff), confirm that I understand why my site had
access removed.
I would like to request that my site is reactivated as soon
as possible. I propose to prevent this action reoccurring
by being able to know how much I have stored up there so I can ensure I don't keep posting things that take me over the limit. Perhaps there is a way for me to know how much is currently there? I would also be interested in increasing the space if possible. I will also remove things that are no longer necessary to bring it back to within the limits.
I also understand that if this problem persists, then Plusnet may
restrict my site further, and if necessary, remove the site permanently.
++ END OF MESSAGE ++
hadden
Grafter

I agree that it's really annoying the way it happens, especially as it is probably only a few hundreds MBs of data that is involved. It is not a good start to a morning.
However the last time it happened to me, I submitted the suggested ticket and got the fastest ever response to a ticket I can recall. After about 20 minutes I was informed that the data was restored.
I suspect that there may not be that many of us who still have webspace, so there probably won't be any development time allocated to making the system work in a customer friendly way.
esseff
Grafter

Thanks for that John. Do you think my posting it here will achieve the same result?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It should really be on a ticket, that way it's associated with your account correctly and can be picked up by anyone in the support team rather than just the few of us on here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Having said that, I've restored your site for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
esseff
Grafter

Thank you.
How can I know easily how much I have up there and whether I'm exceeding?
esseff
Grafter

What are my limits by the way and can they be increased if I made a request?
hadden
Grafter

Click on "My Webspace" here to get an idea of used and available webspace. I've been told it gets updated daily, but I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate.
esseff
Grafter

Thank you John. That helped a lot.
83mb over. Seems such a small amount to cause an issue. Do you know if it's possible to have the space increased if I made a request? With the huge capacity of HDs these days, perhaps the allowances can be adjusted?
esseff
Grafter

Chris (or whoever reads this from PN) Is it possible to ask for an increase in web space? Is there some leeway in what I can use? You will see from my account that we still have one of the old plans that costs more than even the best fibre plan does(if only we had fibre here). Perhaps that might allow me a little extra space?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since your webspace allowance is likely to be 250MB being 83MB over is 33% which is a significant excess. You would have to check under "What features and extras are available?" in the product archive for your product to get details of your webspace allowance.
I think you'd be looking to paid hosting if you need more.
David
esseff
Grafter

It's 250mb. 33% sounds a lot, but then the 250MB of space came when I first joined PN all those years ago. I don't see why it can't be increased a bit now that HD space is no longer something that is expensive. Even 100MB would be something. I mostly use it to store things I link to - I don't really need all the hosting aspects a commercial company offers, just a big box basically.
countgribbeau

Cor!
After 11½ years I've gone over my space allocation for the first time and BANG! Website gone. :o( I can't even get in to fix the problem. *Sigh*
I've got to agree with esseff really non-customer friendly scripting. If I hadn't recently signed up for Fibre and hence got myself contractually locked in for the first time in years I'd be gone, I was so mad!
I Countgribbeau understand I've been a naughty boy (By accident) and I promise sir, that I won't do it again.
God I feel so respected and valued as a customer.