cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My namecheap domain pointing at webspace stopped working

carcrashheart
Dabbler

My namecheap domain pointing at webspace stopped working

I feel bad for my summary as it's not like it broke, I basically fiddled with it and now it's broke, hehe.
I have a domain with namecheap.com that I wanted pointed to my PlusNet webspace. A kind PlusNet body did this for me and it was lovely and working perfectly. Until I logged into my control panel, looked at my domains and saw that it was under transfered domains. Whaaaat, I thought. I didn't want the registrar switched to PN (no offence guys! I just like all my names registered in one place) so I did... something, I don't know what but now my domain is broken and points to the default "no page exists yet" page at namecheap and not my webspace.
Help? I have no idea how to reconfigure this and I don't want to transfer in a domain, I want it to stay with namecheap.com
Advice much appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3
Prod_Man
Grafter

Re: My namecheap domain pointing at webspace stopped working

ok, calm cool steps.
Open up the "Configure Domain" Page for the Domain PN Transferd in for you...
Check what has been setup, against the Tutorial on the PlusNet UserTools Page (Tutorials - Domains - Setting up Domain Records)
If you're still unsure...
Paste a copy of the Domain Table into a Reply here,
(use the BBCode Table Formatting tags if you can to make it readable, or use a code tag)
Then, we can check if you've accidentally deleted / edited a field which is now incorrectly formatted.
Jim,
carcrashheart
Dabbler

Under the domain configuration page thingy, my "additional DNS records" page is blank, there are no records or anything on that page so I think I managed to erase them all?? Geez. I looked through that help page and it doesn't make too much sense to me, I can't see anything for simple old point a domain I own at namecheap.com to my username.plus.com webspace. Thank you so much for your help.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hey no problem!
It's not too much of a drama Wink You just have to "decode" that Tutorial slightly! Smiley
To do what you did on your old hosting, You'll need to create the Following Records (I have done this myself and it seems to work).
This is assuming you want your CCGI Site to be viewed, that you alter the Domain Name Table.
Note: the .'s at the end of fields are important!
CCGI (Example: ccgi.username.plus.com)
You'll first have to Raise a Ticket titled "Change CGI Service to Basic" - This will then allow Domain Reconfiguration for the CCGI Service, for your account. Once that is put through and completed, you'll be able to setup the DNS Table as follows:
Left Field Record Type Pri Right Field
www cname ccgi.plus.net.
sitename.ext a 84.92.4.1.

( If you need Mail to work directly from your Domain Name you will probably have to add this line)
Left Field Record Type Pri Right Field
mx 20 mx.last.plus.net.

You can configure this to use another Mail Server if you wish to in place of "mx.last.plus.net."
WWW (Example: www.username.plus.com)
This can be done simply but clicking on the:
Default Radio button under the heading Domain hosting settings.
Hope this helps break it down a bit to the bare essnetials! Smiley
Good Luck.
Jim,