cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet is on but it keeps asking me to sign in??? plus I can not access the PlusNet website.

jasondiazmiles1

My internet is on but it keeps asking me to sign in??? plus I can not access the PlusNet website.

My internet is on but it keeps asking me to sign in??? plus I can not access the PlusNet website. please help. Also on my smart tv I can not access Amazon Prime, ITV hub, NOW TV. But Netflix is working fine and so is YouTube, I don't know what's going on it was fine last night, please help.  

15 REPLIES 15
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: My internet is on but it keeps asking me to sign in??? plus I can not access the PlusNet website

@jasondiazmiles1  Welcome to the forum.

Try a factory reset of your hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in the Reset hole. Hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: My internet is on but it keeps asking me to sign in??? plus I can not access the PlusNet website

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Community Feedback to Everything Else 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jasondiazmiles1

Thanks, I tried that earlier but nothing. All the apps I said didn't work work on my pc and android phone.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Which router?

This sounds like a DNS issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see this. It looks like you've messaged us on Twitter and I've just got back to you now.

If you can message me there or drop me a PM here with your account username, I can take a look for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maddyhhelp
Hooked

New here, autistic and very overwhelmed but I have the same problem as OP.
I keep getting asked for sign in and have tried factory reset. Please can someone help me
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @maddyhhelp. Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same problem and that a factory reset of your router hasn't fixed it. I've tested your line and it's showing that there's an issue with the details that your router is connecting on. Are you still using the Plusnet router or do you use a third party router at the moment?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
maddyhhelp
Hooked

Hi, its the same router that plus net gave me years ago when I moved in
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Many thanks for confirming that. If you go to 192.168.1.254 in your browser on a device that's trying to connect to the router, does it bring you to a log in screen? If so, please try logging in. The username is "admin" and the password is the serial number from your router (the one that starts CP.) Please let me know whether it allows you to log in to the router management page.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
maddyhhelp
Hooked

I've tried doing that, I was trouble shooting from these forums before trying to talk to anyone. It just says they don't recognise the information
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for trying that. As a factory reset hasn't fixed the problem and it's not letting you log in to the router manager page, it's looking like your router has become faulty. As you're currently out of contract, the following options are available for a new router:

- A new router can be purchased at any point for £99 + £6.99 Postage and packaging

- If you were to re-contract and get new monthly discounts set up we could waive the £99 and it would just be the £6.99 P+P.

If you're looking to re-contract for a new router our customer options team can be contacted directly on 0800 013 2632

- A 3rd party router can be purchased your side and we can send the relevant details you'd need to set it up with our connection (this'll need to be an ADSL compatible router to work with your broadband)

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
maddyhhelp
Hooked

Would the second option be a similar contract to what I'm on now? I can't afford more. If so I want to do that
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @maddyhhelp. As you're out of contract, you're not currently getting a monthly discount at the moment. It's likely that if you renew your contract our Customer Options team would be able to offer a cheaper package than you're on at the moment. I'd definitely recommend giving them a call to see what they can offer.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
maddyhhelp
Hooked

I got my new router yesterday and the connection has been on and off and today its flashing red, no Internet and no broadband light.