cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My domain name has expired again...

electroglidekid
Dabbler

My domain name has expired again...

I had an issue last year when my Domain stop working.. This has just started happening today!!

Please help getting it renewed..  How can this be fixed so it will not happen every year?

I also don't seem to remember having an invoice for this year, last one on my account was 100983942 / 2018-05-22 to 2019-05-21

Domain name:
the-fridge.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 10-Dec-2012

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]
URL: http://www.madasafish.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 16-Sep-1999
Expiry date: 16-Sep-2020
Last updated: 21-Oct-2019

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Name servers:
ns1.force9.net
ns2.force9.net

WHOIS lookup made at 20:09:17 17-Oct-2020

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
electroglidekid
Dabbler

Re: My domain name has expired again...

UPDATE:  Emails have started coming through this morning and I can see the domain Expiry date: 16-Sep-2021

Not sure if someone has actioned something?  😉

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@electroglidekid wrote:

Not sure if someone has actioned something?  😉

This was queried (behind the scenes) yesterday, as it's somewhat unusual now for a domain name to lapse for over a month, without anyone being aware.
One of the Community Gaffers stepped in to action the renewal early this morning.

Afaik renewals usually happen fairly automatically now, but it might be worth checking yours gets processed mid-September each year (given it slipped through the net this time) or maybe move it somewhere else where you have control over the renewals (I think 123-reg charges c £14pa inc VAT, though there are probably cheaper options).

I don't think PN is now charging for the renewals, but given you actively use the domain for e-mails etc., taking control over its future, for a relatively-small annual outlay, might be worth considering, in the longer term.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
electroglidekid
Dabbler

Thanks Penny,  Is seems the domain remains active for 30 days after expiry to give someone time the renew, then it just stops..

BTW.  Does it cost anything to move the domain FROM Plusnet?

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@electroglidekid wrote:

BTW.  Does it cost anything to move the domain FROM Plusnet?

I've an idea PN doesn't charge for the domain to be moved away, but the only thing I could find on 'search' that would seem to confirm that, is https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Transfer-domain-name-away-from-Plus-net/m-p/1747110/hi... where @MaxHoose wrote up the details of a successful transfer.

If you *do* decide to move your domain, best way forward might be to identify where you want the hosting moved to, then give PN a call so as to get a ticket opened and the wheels set in motion.  I'm not quite sure how things work with Madasafish transfers, but once you've got a ticket open you should be able to ask any relevant questions so as to get things to progress smoothly.

Good luck with it all if you decide to go ahead : )

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.