cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SQL

mypyrex
Grafter

My SQL

Can somebody PLEASE explain or tell me if there's a tutorial for using MySQL in conjunction with  creating  a web page please  Cry
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: My SQL

What language do you access MySql with?
See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mypyrex
Grafter

Sorry but I have no idea. I know nothing about it at all Embarrassed
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

MySQL is a relational database system which is used for storing related information in tables. Getting information into and out of those tables requires use of a programming language such as PHP. Forms might be used to get information that could then be stored in a database. Later, having retrieved such information usually the PHP program goes on to output HTML code which forms a page sent as response to the user agent (browser) for it to display.
PHP can, and often does, produce a page without any requirement for access to a MySQL server.
The Community Support Library article A Beginners Guide to PHP provides some background.
David
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I suggest you build a database and see how it works and what you can do first - without involving any web pages.
Then you need to evaluate which database to use - some are not usable for large volumes (or even multi-threaded) applications.
The simplest database - and very popular - (but not really suitable for a web site) is SQLite.
For example, Firefox uses SQLite to maintain a number of internal tables and caches.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."