cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My General Plesk Questions

Adam1V
Grafter

My General Plesk Questions

I have a few questions regarding the Plesk Hosting, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me, in particular members of staff.
1, Whats the overall opinion on Plesk? I think its a really good service/setup, so much so that im considering moving over a number of our Business domains (i have previously been testing with another domain). Is it 100% here to stay? or like the Postini, will it be gone in 6 months time? I dont want to risk alot of disreuption and headaches sorting out the conversion if it doesnt stick around.
2, will the mail be affected? I currently have 3/4 domains hosted with F9, and half a dozen email addresses.
Will the general setup and mailboxes be stored on the F9 site with the same connection details, or will I need to change all this? I only ask as i've spotted mail options in Plesk.
3, Is it easy to distinguish a number of domains on the Plesk site? I currently only have 1 hosted with them, but would prefer to move them all eventually. With the F9 hosting the sites were split down in subfolders within the 'HTDOCS' folders.
4, If I purchase the business subscription, can I add additional databases to the account and if so, has a pricing scheme been setup for this?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated,
Regards
Adam
4 REPLIES 4
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: My General Plesk Questions

Hi
Heres some answers to your querys, happy to hear that you are liking the service.
1. Plesk is here to stay, its used for PAYH and there are no views to change this.
2. On the trial accounts, mail will not be effected and will continue to be dealt with by your Plusnet account.
3. Every domain that is added, will have its own space and will be added in the same way as your trial domain is, so you will have an ftp user name and password for each site.
4. The paid for options for the accounts come with 3 databases, if you need more then you would need to have the account changed over to a full PAYH account that would give you unlimited databases.
Hope that helps
Adam1V
Grafter

fab, that is all good news  Cool
Yes, the Plesk service is great, the one click application install saves alot messing arond and headaches.
I hope F9 plan to update the list.
Is there any pricing details for the PAYH?
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
We will be keeping the Plesk software up to date, so as time goes on the newer versions will appear there as well as applications that are not there at present. As we are committed to keeping the platform up to date we will always be a few release behind what is available, just so that we are not the guinea pigs and to ensure there is less chance of releases effecting the user base.
Prices for PAYH can be seen on the link below:
http://payh.co.uk/price.php
starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

To me, Plesk seems quite lacking. The lack of any information from Plus, the age of the installed applications and the lack of shell access makes it quite an awkward platform to use.