cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music on Web Site

mypyrex
Grafter

Music on Web Site

Thinking about putting music/audio on a web site but I've been looking at the copyright aspects on the PRS site and it looks as if it would cost a minimum of £120.
Anyone know if there's a cheaper/ free way of doing it?
2 REPLIES 2
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Music on Web Site

As you haven`t had any "serious" replies, thought this might help...
If you know any friends, who use their computers to make/play music, you could get them to do some special "background" type muzak, and of course, you could also offer them the "free" advertising of their talents on your website  "music provided by SOSOSOS  band.... contact them  1234567890"
Prod_Man
Grafter

Re: Music on Web Site

Well I had been told this, it's a different kettle of Fish but...
( from my friends who run a Radio Streaming Site & Server )
That an official "Braudcasting Licence" with eum Sony/EMG Records or what ever it happened to be was in excess of £1000.
Som I assume "Distributing" is different,
even though from most Streaming content you can Copy the Data by some method anyway.
If it's that cheap,
you'd be able to rent a decent Root Server to Hold alot of Content and ensure smooth running ...
You'd probably need it as well seeing as you'd require SSL or similar to ensure secure transfer of any details over HTTP.
Yeah, arguably you can do it for "free",
and just play it off until actually someone questions the legality of it enough for it to be braught up to a legal case.
If you meant other people creating music of their own and them just submitting their works,
you could provida an effective platform of Disitributon of music,
that would hit well with those who have the eqipment but no CD manufacturing facilities.
Just depends what you want.
Jim,