Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple FTP servers on Plusnet router

Simonrowley78

Multiple FTP servers on Plusnet router

Afternoon all
Just wondered if anyone can help me
I've managed to setup one FTP servers on the plusnet router using the standard port 21 settings, but am now struggling to set up another one
I use 2 dlink NAS devices for the FTP servers and they worked on my previous router. I've setup 2 separate ports on the devices so not both on port 21, (other currently on port 1025)
Any advice would be most appreciated
Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Multiple FTP servers on Plusnet router

Two immediate thoughts - You don't need to set up separate ports on the NAS units.  They can both be on port 21.  The port forwarding rules for access to the second ftp server will need to specify a different port on the WAN side and your ftp client will need to be set to connect to the non-standard port you've used.
What port forwarding rules have you set so far?
picbits
Rising Star

As above - leave the NAS at port 21 then if you want them to be available to the outside world do something like :
Router port 221 -> NAS device ipaddress port 21
Router port 222 -> NAS device ipaddress port 21
When you use the FTP software from outside your network you just set it to your WAN address and whichever port you have forwarded on your router i.e 87.123.123.123 port 221 for NAS 1 or port 222 for NAS 2
Simonrowley78

Thanks for your advice. I've changed the NAS 2 port to 21 but not connecting
My port forwarding rules are on the attached pictures
FTP2 is the one that won't connect
The router is straightforward to setup for first FTP as it has the setup already there for one, but the 2nd one cannot be configured as easy
Many thanks again for your help
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Your second entry shows you're forwarding external port 1025 > internal port 1025?  You should be forwarding to internal port 21
Not sure what the high order TCP & UDP forwards are for btw...