cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house. Do I need to return router?

FIXED
nichollelyle

Moving house. Do I need to return router?

Hi,

Moving to an area that plusnet can’t do fibre at. 2-5Mb so I’m switching. Cancelled account. Nothing was said about the router.

Should the router be returned? If yes, anyone know where to send it?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Moving house. Do I need to return router?

Fix

No keep it. Incidentally, why are you switching, your explanation doesn’t seem to make sense? 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving us. No, we don't need the router back.

Looks like fibre is available in your area, but there's a capacity issue at the cabinet.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Are you sure the issue isn't just a temporary one?  The reason I ask is that when I looked at what was available in my area, it showed "up to 80Mbps" (which has been available for some time), then a few days later "up to 8Mbps" with a waiting list for firbre.  This remained the case for about a week, then it said "up to 80Mbps" again.  I suspect a large number of new customers signed up to BT to take advantage of the special offers they've been having recently, thereby affecting capacity temporarily.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Yeah, in these situations our suppliers would generally need to expand the cabinet or build a new one.

Capacity can also be restored if other users decide to cease their connection (Moving house, no longer required etc).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nichollelyle

Thanks for the help.

Yes, just a capacity thing. So I’d have to switch from fibre. Which also means taking 24 month contract, with no known date when we could get fibre. Maybe never, or at best wait until someone leaves a fibre provider. Not sticking at 2-5Mb for so long. Went with Virgin @ 50Mb for £2 more than I was offered. Didn’t want to leave, but didn’t want 2Mb for (potentially) next couple of years. Cost £100 to leave as well Sad