cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving .com domain and five mailboxes to Plusnet.

2pods
Dabbler

Moving .com domain and five mailboxes to Plusnet.

In the dim and distant past I had five mailboxes set up with plusnet, being say, joe@something.plusnet.co.uk, fred@something.plusnet.co.uk etc .etc etc
Then I bought something.com and redirected joe@something.com, fred@something.com to the relevant plusnet mailboxes. Eventually I thought I may as well use the actual mailboxes hosted on the hosting company as I had at that point gone to Zen.
Anyway that was a long time ago, and is now extortionate. I understand that its £18 to transfer a .com domain in, not sure about how much per biannual but it will probably be cheaper then Namesco.  I don't need any webspace, but I do need five *@something.com mailboxes..Currently I pay extra for mailboxes,
How much would it cost ?
**something.com being an example, not the actual domain **
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Moving .com domain and five mailboxes to Plusnet.

Quote from: 2pods
Anyway that was a long time ago, and is now extortionate. I understand that its £18 to transfer a .com domain in, not sure about how much per biannual but it will probably be cheaper then Namesco.

I wouldn't be so sure Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

2pods
Dabbler

Hi Bob  Smiley
I think I'm getting confused here. As I say, it was a long time ago and my brain cells aren't what they were  Grin
I had read that link before, but obviously hadn't understood it anymore. I think I thought "Hosting, email...that's great ! No renewal fees ! "  Crazy
Oh well. Can I still host my domain elsewhere and point to my plusnet postboxes ?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: 2pods
Can I still host my domain elsewhere and point to my plusnet postboxes ?

Yep. The nameservers would need updating to ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net and you'd need to raise a support ticket requesting it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵