cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More help with old MasAsAFish domains, please

shooty

More help with old MasAsAFish domains, please

Hi all, hijacked someone else's thread about this issue, but thought I'd better start my own.

Had a reply from Adam on the other thread, and have PM'd him with my contact details, but no reply yet.

Was with MadAsAFish.

Moved to Plusnet.

Getting emails saying my domain, www.lawboy.co.uk, is coming to an end.

Advice seems to be to log on to madasafish to do things on there to help.

Can't log on. None of the passwords I had work for it. Password reset screen does not work.

Help! Please!

Don't know what phone number you have for me, but if you PM me, or check the one I send Adam, you will have it there.

9 REPLIES 9
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: More help with old MasAsAFish domains, please

Hi @shooty 

I have linked in with Adam and he has made me aware that the issue does indeed appear to be related to your password. 

I'm afraid we do not have these passwords to hand for security reasons. 

In regards to the password reset screen not working, what exactly is going on when you try and use that? Have you tried it on a different browser and/or device? 

Thanks 

Alisdair 

shooty

Hi MoR,

OK, I'm trying to reset password here:

https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/index.html

I use my lawboy.co.uk email address, which is the only address that I ever use for anything. Half the time it telle me to enter a valid email address, the other half it tells me that I've got the captcha wrong.

I have tried it with another email address just to see if it would work: I used xxx@freenetname.co.uk (with XXX being my name), and that DID go through to a second stage verfication screen, but I've never used a freenetname.co.uk email address, and have no clue how I would check that inbox.

I tried the freenetname.co.uk suffix purely because I was initially signed up with freenetname, then they moved to madasafish. 

It seems to accept that email address, but as I say, I've never used that and don't know how to log on to it. If I ever knew, then I've forgotten over the last decade. I've always used the lawboy.co.uk email address. 

I'm sorry, but this is getting beyond me.

Please could someone call me to discuss. I really don't want to lose my domain.

shooty

Edit: Yes, have tried with Chrome and Edge or whatever IE is called now.

Same result.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @shooty 

If it's ok with you, i'm going to link in with a few colleagues about this as i'm not 100% certain on what to suggest to be honest, and i would not like to offer a "solution" as it were which i was not confident with. 

Please watch this space

(if any of you longtime forum gurus have any ideas whilst i talk to the guys, please don't hesitate to jump in this thread) 

shooty

Please, if you would. I'm sure my own stupidity with regards to domains, etc, is playing a part here, but any help you can give would be great.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there.

We've passed this to the relevant team for action but unfortunately they don't work weekends so it won't be picked up until Monday

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shooty

Hi guys

Sorry to chase, but any progress?

Thanks

Rob

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @shooty,

It appears that this has been sorted out now, as per the confirmation in the ticket raised on your account which can be viewed here.

If there's anything else we may be able to help with though, please don't hesitate to get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
shooty

Thanks AJ,

Throws an error when I click that, and can't see owt on the wizard, but if you say it's sorted, I'll take your word for it.

Most grateful, thanks again

Rob