Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Throughput

JJM
Grafter

Re: Monitoring Throughput

Thanks @Gandalf

Our posts overlapped by 15 seconds, but the points above stand.

As to it being a business related decision, Vodafones business related decision was obviously there's no preventative reason not to do it.

Just to be thorough, can you clarify why the teams you normally deal with for service affecting issues such as faults cannot be contacted in any way whatsoever and they cannot find out from whoever they need to communicate with when this is for service affecting issues such as faults.

Just to be thorough, can you clarify why you cannot, if you cannot, look in to this internally within Plusnet as you are not aware of any plans, and do have the ability to pass on feedback to relevant teams, and feed that back on here.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Simply put, our suppliers customer service teams don’t deal with this, it’s not within their remit. I’m happy to pass your feedback on internally however I cannot guarantee a change and that I’d get any feedback I’d be able to share. 

Realistically for the vast majority of faults we deal with on a daily basis, this isn’t really necessary but that’s my own opinion to be honest. 

We have various diagnostic tools at our disposal and coupled with standard troubleshooting steps, running speed tests and arranging an engineer that’s sufficient to investigate a fault. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JJM
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf

I appreciate your taking this up internally within Plusnet and trust that you will do so and share back whatever you can as soon as you can.

As to your opinion, I also appreciate your acknowledgement that it is only your opinion.

You will appreciate for whatever reason they do, Vodaphone have obviously the exact opposite opinion, and are obviously very confident of their network.

Just to be thorough, can you clarify the opinion of the technical team within Plusnet. Its just an opinion, not a business decision or anything else.

Just to be thorough, can you clarify whether Plusnet as an organisation has any means of technical team contact with a technical team within your suppliers.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @JJM 

If I get anything back I can share from the feedback I’ve passed on I’ll be happy to.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I am not impressed with the BT Wholesale speed test as a diagnostic tool. The results for my line are completely wrong and would be useless in any fault investigation.

BT_test.jpg

My actual throughput speed is around 65Mbps download and  18Mbps upload.

@Gandalf  I wonder if you could explain why my IP profile is so low for a full 80Mbps sync speed. I was under the impression that even with Retransmission high it should be about 92% of sync speed, mine is 88%. I have seen other threads about this but no explanation has been given, if I could get off ReTx high it would help improve the profile, but of course PlusNet have no control over DLM.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @RealAleMadrid 

I suspect your IP profile is set at 70.61mbps because from running a GEA Service Test your sync rate is showing to be 76.6mbps. This looks a tad out of date because I've checked a different system which shows more real time data and that's showing as of yesterday your sync speed to be 79.9mbps that I imagine your router is also showing?

In the past 14 days your sync speed has fluctuated between 76.4mbps and 79.9mbps, so it doesn't look like the current sync speed shown on our normal testing tool has caught up yet.

If the speed holds at 79.9mbps over the next week or so I'd expect the IP profile to update automatically with it.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet