cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing portal webstats for Friday 12th March

dgdclynx
Grafter

Missing portal webstats for Friday 12th March

Nothing there this morning after all Matt's hard work. I hope PNs automatic warning is picked up and manual restart takes place.

Far too early for ticket.
10 REPLIES 10
dgdclynx
Grafter

Re: Missing portal webstats for Friday 12th March

Having had no comment from Comms here or under Usergroup NDA Is have taken out ticket  32476929.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: dgdclynx
Nothing there this morning after all Matt's hard work. I hope PNs automatic warning is picked up and manual restart takes place.

Morning Douglas.  Must admit I'd hoped (with all the ccgi counters not operational because of the platform issues) that Webstats would at least give some degree of overview as to site-traffic factors.
... but of course, "not there" - and my immediate thought was to wonder if cgi was somehow a part of their generation.  Don't understand enough of how Webstats are collected / produced, to know if cgi is a part of that (but did have to use cgi to get independent Webalizer stats in the past).
I'd guess the non-appearance of Webstats this morning is somehow related to the ccgi-platform issues, but whether directly or indirectly I have no idea 😕
Happy to raise a ticket if that's likely to be useful, but not altogether sure either way, right now.
Regards,
Penny.
[edited to add link to the ccgi thread]
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
dgdclynx
Grafter

Not a squeak out of PN either here or on the Usergroup and no reply to my ticket. And remember Comms took all day to reply to the Matt problem. So we are in danger of losing today's stats. Everybody should raise a ticket to hammer home that it matters to us.
pengyou
Grafter

Same here. The most recent log file is the one generated yesterday morning with the data for 11th March. The portal webstats page also only has data up to and including the 11th. Have raised a ticket (32477656 ) but don't expect anything to happen until next week.
dgdclynx
Grafter

If they dont manually restart webstats by early afternoon they will probably be lost. No chance of retrieval if nothing is done before this evening.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: dgdclynx
Everybody should raise a ticket ...

As above, not entirely convinced that the ccgi issues aren't part of the cause of this.  However Matt did say in the "Webstats issues" thread that we should "each raise a ticket on your account" as well as posting here, if there were Webstats problems.
So, "done" - Ticket No. 32477745.
I'd guess that the ccgi platform will have to be fixed before Webstats can be made to work again, but I'll check back periodically, just in case not : /
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
dgdclynx
Grafter

I dont understand why Penny doesnt take out a ticket when she sees there is a problem cos my solitary voice is often ignored.
Re cgi that may be the reason for the hiccup but that has nothing to do with portal webstats which clearly need a manual restart this morning.
fusian
Grafter

Good Morning,
We have picked up on this one and currently have someone from networks having a look at why the webstats haven't been generated. This should be sorted shortly and any naughty servers brought back into line.
My apologies that its taken a while to get a post up.

Thanks!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
The service has been started again so we won't lose anything. I'm just getting a service status post together now, but we expect things to be right again by this evening at the latest.
Will update shortly with service status link.
Here it is. Sorry about that all.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Matt
The service has been started again so we won't lose anything.

Thanks Matt - and Oliver - the Webstats for 12th March have arrived now, generated this afternoon it looks like.
Much appreciated Smiley