cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing links on my website

portrait
Dabbler

Missing links on my website

I have recently upgraded to Internet Explorer 8. I'm running Vista Home Edition. Now I can gain access to my index page but the buttons liking to my other pages appear as rectangles with a small red cross in them and nothing happens if i click on them. I get the gold bar at the top say i need to install active x control. when i try to install this it says windows or IE 8 denies this as publisher can't be veryfied, and gives the name of my website.    www.barnsley2day.co.uk ;   Is it refering to the publisher of active x control or to my website,  if so how can i verify the authenticity of my website?  Or has anyone any idea's as to how I can cure this. Such as settings in internet options etc:  I might add that everything did work fine with IE 7  Any help much apreciated.
Percy. 
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 117

Re: Missing links on my website

Welcome to the forums  Smiley
Are these the buttons on the left hand side?
They work in IE8 here OK.
Will Moderate For Thanks
portrait
Dabbler

Yes Adie, they are the buttons on the left side. I have also just re-installed windows XP on my desktop with IE 7 and i get the same non functional result from there too. The Vista OS is on my laptop.  With things as they are at the moment i can't install active x control on either computer..
Percy.
thejudge
Grafter

Those buttons are all Java applets. Have you got Java installed and given permission to run? Have you tried repairing/reinstalling Java?
portrait
Dabbler

Thank you Nigel, you're a top.... I re-installed java and everything is fine now..
All the best  Percy. Smiley