cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing links on my website

portrait
Dabbler

Missing links on my website

I have recently upgraded to Internet Explorer 8. I'm running Vista Home Edition. Now I can gain access to my index page but the buttons liking to my other pages appear as rectangles with a small red cross in them and nothing happens if i click on them. I get the gold bar at the top say i need to install active x control. when i try to install this it says windows or IE 8 denies this as publisher can't be veryfied, and gives the name of my website.    www.barnsley2day.co.uk ;   Is it refering to the publisher of active x control or to my website,  if so how can i verify the authenticity of my website?  Or has anyone any idea's as to how I can cure this. Such as settings in internet options etc:  I might add that everything did work fine with IE 7  Any help much apreciated.
Percy. 
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Missing links on my website

Welcome to the forums  Smiley
Are these the buttons on the left hand side?
They work in IE8 here OK.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
portrait
Dabbler

Yes Adie, they are the buttons on the left side. I have also just re-installed windows XP on my desktop with IE 7 and i get the same non functional result from there too. The Vista OS is on my laptop.  With things as they are at the moment i can't install active x control on either computer..
Percy.
thejudge
Rising Star

Those buttons are all Java applets. Have you got Java installed and given permission to run? Have you tried repairing/reinstalling Java?
portrait
Dabbler

Thank you Nigel, you're a top.... I re-installed java and everything is fine now..
All the best  Percy. Smiley