cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAffee download

Catwoman

McAffee download

I am unable to download McAffee on my mobile or my tablet as says not compatible.

What do I do to get McAffee

6 REPLIES 6
Catwoman

Re: McAffee download

I have just switched to Plusnet today from BT so would really appreciate some help

Thank you

VinceMarsters
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I believe Plusnet only support the PC version and not the IOS and Android versions too. You would have an option to text the download link if it was the mobile version usually.

Not sure whether the serial number provided on the download page will activate on the McAfee client installed from the relevant app/play store though - possibly worth a try,

Catwoman

That's a bit of a pain. I didn't realise that. When I was with BT (I know Plusnet is part of BT) I at least had it on my android phone

VinceMarsters
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I noticed that too and thought all McAfee products covered mobile now to be honest. It was a bit of a surprise when I only saw the monitor and no mobile device options on the McAfee download page

Luckily for me, I have just moved away from McAfee to Trend Micro (found a site that sells a 5 device 2 year licence that covers PC and mobile for less than £9 for the top package) as I started to get performance issues with McAfee on my PC. You could try the free Sophos Mobile Security if it is available for your device. The company is highly rated in the enterprise sphere for producing low resource decent quality AV products. Just trialling it on my work Android Samsung Galaxy S6 but so far things look positive.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Catwoman,

@VinceMarsters you're right on this - just a bit of further information for the both of you;

Supported Operating Systems

Windows XP (32 bit)

Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit)

Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit

Windows 8 & 8.1 (32 and 64 bit)

Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit)

Not compatible with;
Linux, Apple Macs, tablets or phones.

Sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience

Thanks 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It is possible to purchase McAfee Total Protection for an unlimited of devices (for all platforms) for little different to the annual cost of the Plusnet charges.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.