Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many warnings from phpMyAdmin

chrisandaud
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Many warnings from phpMyAdmin

At least once a month I take a backup of my database using the Export function in phpMyAdmin. The last few times as soon as I select my database I get a large error report as though a version update has not been accompanied by code changes. An even larger error report accompanies the selection of Export. The functionality still seems OK, but obviously something is wrong. This is the first error reported. I've attached a file with the errors from selecting the database.

Incidentally I'm getting to phpMyAdmin using a shortcut I've had for years. It takes the form ccgi.<plusnetusername>.plus.com/phpmyadmin/index.php#PMAURL-0:index.php?db=&table=&server=1&target=&token=99bb8a612bd62495ae3178b38252de59

Maybe this is out of date and I should be accessing it another way? If so can anyone explain how?

6 REPLIES 6
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Many warnings from phpMyAdmin

@chrisandaud 

Interesting that you've been able to access phpMyAdmin at all Smiley

I haven't been able to access the database (even using Adminer) since mid-June (see post at https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Can-t-find-PHPmyAdmin-on-hosting-plus-net-and-database... ).

I'd hoped @bobpullen might have had chance to reply, but I know he's very busy elsewhere right now.

If you might be able to elaborate on how the (still-working) address URL you've been using, is constructed

@chrisandaud wrote:

Incidentally I'm getting to phpMyAdmin using a shortcut I've had for years. It takes the form ccgi.<plusnetusername>.plus.com/phpmyadmin/index.php#PMAURL-0:index.php?db=&table=&server=1&target=&token=99bb8a612bd62495ae3178b38252de59

(ie where does one get its components from) (the plusnetusername factor I understand but not the rest)

... this would be very much appreciated.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
chrisandaud
Dabbler

I would have copied the link from my browser's address bar having entered from the control panel but a long time ago. Funny you should say you can't access at all. My link worked earlier this morning but has now stopped working too and I can't access phpMyAdmin anyhow now. I get a "Login or password not right!" error message on the login page after using my link. If I use https://hosting.plus.net/portal/ to get to the control panel, I can log in and get to My SQL Manager, but when I try Manage Database, I get a connection error on the resulting "Welcome to phpMyAdmin" page. I'm reluctant to try resetting passwords because it seems I am not alone!

Incidentally, my website still works and can access the database using the same login credentials.

chrisandaud
Dabbler

I've spoken to Plusnet support on the phone and while very polite,  [CSA Removed] was unable to help, saying "we don't deal with domains any more". In the past @bobpullen has been very helpful but presumably beyond even his ability now. Does nobody know how to get support for whoever is responsible for megasqlservers.eu?

Moderators Note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Tags (1)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @chrisandaud

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with phpMyAdmin.

I'll start by saying that knowledge is very limited across the contact centre for this as webspace is a bit of a legacy thing (and has been for some time), but I'll have a go at trying to get to the bottom of this for you. 

I've raised a ticket (ref 5744327) into Hostopia (the people who provide support for a lot of our webspace services).

I'll get back to you as soon as I know more, this should hopefully be by the close of play on Wednesday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Gandalf wrote:

I've raised a ticket (ref 5744327) into Hostopia (the people who provide support for a lot of our webspace services).

I'll get back to you as soon as I know more, this should hopefully be by the close of play on Wednesday.

@Gandalf   There is relevant (related) info at https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Can-t-find-PHPmyAdmin-on-hosting-plus-net-and-database... and the post (link) that follows that one.

... if you could possibly add the requisite details (including re staging site in address) into the hostopia ticket, this might hopefully help them identify - and fix - the issue.

[edited to add]  The details in that post re password characters may also be relevant (?)  

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
chrisandaud
Dabbler

I'm told a ticket has been raised with Hostopia but realistically there is dwindling expertise at PlusNet who are no longer in the business of hosting and I am advised to look for an alternative which I have done. I have bought a discounted Shared Web Hosting package from 123-reg over the phone for £51.71 for the first year as an existing customer (my domains are registered with them). I now need to get MySql data from Hostopia. Wish me luck!