cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mambo Fireboard Forum Component Installation Help Request

MacDaddy

Mambo Fireboard Forum Component Installation Help Request

Hello,
I've recently added the Fireboard Forum component to my nascent mambo site, but keep getting the same error message when I try to access the forum via the "front end":
Warning: main(/share/storage/03/pr/username/mambo//includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /share/storage/03/pr/username/mambo/components/com_fireboard/fireboard.php on line 180
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/share/storage/03/pr/username/mambo//includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php' (include_path='.') in /share/storage/03/pr/username/mambo/components/com_fireboard/fireboard.php on line 180

(I've replaced my actual name with the generic "username")
I can see is that there are two forward slashes "//" between "mambo" and "includes"; but the second of those forward slashes is in the php code (visited via tsWebEditor and FileZilla):

else {
    require_once (JB_JABSPATH . '/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php');
    }

Please could someone explain what needs editing (and if possible, why)?
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Prod_Man
Grafter

Re: Mambo Fireboard Forum Component Installation Help Request

Hello there!
Looks like you may not have Extracted and Uploaded the Fireboard Forum correctly,
I've checked the obvious, in the default Mambov4.x.x.tar.gz there is nothing containing "includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php' which means it's a dependancy for the Forum.
(I checked this just incase it was an internal CMS Template requirement).
So you need to locate the "includes" direcotry in the Fireboard Archive / Extracted folder, and upload the "patTemplate" folder to your webspace.
If this is not the case and it already exists on the CCGI Server, check that there are no specific File Permissions for the file.
If in real doubt set the permissions to 777 then it cannot argue at all over read write or execute permissions - no this is not best practice.
Failing that, as you say remove the leading forawrdslash '/' from the source -

else {
    require_once (JB_JABSPATH. 'includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php');
    }

or

else {
    require_once(substr(JB_JABSPATH,0,(strlen(JB_JABSPATH)-1). '/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php');
    }

Hopefully something there helps! Cheesy
Good luck!
Jim,