cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailboxes on Plesk

ianscales
Grafter

Mailboxes on Plesk

I have just finished transferring my site from ccgi to Plesk and think I am about ready to redirect the domain name from the old account, do I need to set up all the mailboxes again or will they be redirected with the domain name?
I can set a mailbox up in Plesk but it says "Maximum number of mailboxes 0" in preferences !!!!  how do I change this to maximum? the button in mailbox management "Default for the domain (Unlimited)" is checked !!!!
Ian
4 REPLIES 4
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: Mailboxes on Plesk

Hi
As you are on a Free account on the Plesk platform, you do not have access to the email functions and emails will continue to be dealt with by your Plusnet account.
If you wish to have your email service dealt with by Plesk you would need to request the account to be upgraded to a full PAYH account and choose which package you wish to be moved on to:
https://payh.plus.net/signup.php
ianscales
Grafter

Thanks Kev, I am more than happy to leave all the mailboxes on the Plusnet account, but will this still operate correctly when I redirect the domain name to the Plesk account?
Ian
Adam1V
Grafter

Thanks Kev, I am more than happy to leave all the mailboxes on the Plusnet account, but will this still operate correctly when I redirect the domain name to the Plesk account?

Yep.
Its quite a pickle though, in my opinion having mail on one provider and files on the other.
ianscales
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Adam, I'll give it a go and see if we encounter any problems.