cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish domain has not renewed - Loss of E-Mail for Days - Support Unable to Assist

Nick12

Madasafish domain has not renewed - Loss of E-Mail for Days - Support Unable to Assist

I had a domain Madasafish, that transferred to PlusNet.

Although I have been paying for it yearly for years, PlusNet seem to have expired it in October 2019, and it is now in suspended status on 'Whois' searches. Since I haven't needed to maintain it for years, Plusnet seem to have removed all access for me to access control panels, etc, to try and regain it. Given that I my company emails are on that domain name, I have lost access to all of my mails. This seems a dreadful omission for a serious service provider.

Ideally, I want the domain renewed to continue my mail access , but at the very least, allow me to transfer it to another provider, so I can start to trust that it won't just be terminated again without warning.

The support desk I contacted were very friendly, but seem to have not a clue what I was talking about. They claim they cannot put me through to the email team, who respond only via email, within 72 hours, or 3-5 working days, depending on who you talk to.

Bear in mind this includes correspondence, so they sent me an email asking for a screenshot of an error message, and I sent it but they are now claiming that I have to wait another 72 hours (or 3-5 working days, depending who you talk to) to get a response from the email team, who remain uncontactable by phone to anyone, including Plusnets own broadband tech support. So I’m sat here with a ticket that I opened on the 25th of November, losing money every day. It’s driving me up the wall.

I've seen on this forum that this has happened many times before.

Please can someone in the know look into it? 

What information is needed to progress this? (I don't want to post the domain name here, in case I need to wait 90 days to try and get it back when it goes to the open market)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Madasafish domain has not renewed - Loss of E-Mail for Days - Support Unable to Assist

Thanks for getting in touch @Nick12 

I'm firstly sorry for the delayed response to your post and that you're having issues getting your domain renewed. I can see we've renewed this for you yesterday morning. I'd recommend making a note of the expiry date and let us know before it expires next year if you'd want us to renew this for you again.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

[edit]

Sorry, I can see the domain has been transferred to your new provider then.

Feel free to post back if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pInfinity

Re: Madasafish domain has not renewed - Loss of E-Mail for Days - Support Unable to Assist

Hi Gandalf.  We have the same issue with a freenetname/madasafish domain name which has expired on the 6th December.

Can you confirm what detail you need in order to check it?  I've just registered so don't seem to be able to PM you.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @pInfinity,

Now that you've posted publicly, you'll be able to PM.

If you drop either @Gandalf or myself a PM with your username, we'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

Best wishes

Dave

pInfinity

Thanks Dave, I've sent a PM to you and Gandalf with the information.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks @pInfinity

We'll get that picked up for you.

Best wishes

Dave

garyjoy

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, just had an email from nominet stating my domain name has expired.

Can someone help me sort this out

Thanks   Gary

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @garyjoy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry that hasn't been renewed in time, I've now provided a more detailed response over a support ticket for you here.

Thanks.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @garyjoy,

I've now updated your ongoing support ticket here.

Thanks.

garyjoy

Thanks very much

All sorted now

Gary

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear @garyjoy

Just let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team