cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of referrals

FIXED
weetech

Loss of referrals

I am selling my house & moving into a relatives house for at least 6 months while we have a house built.

I have been told that i will lose all my referrals as I wont have my broadband & phone account.

I did ask if PlusNet have a 4G Broadband option as I thought I might be able to use that and keep my referrals but NOPE.

My referrals account for about £50 per month and I would have continued referring PlusNet but their reaction was, sorry unless you have a broadband package you WILL lose your referrals,

I feel a bit miffed at this as it has been a mutually beneficial arrangement to date & even their advertising about referrals says "you could even end up earning more than your monthly broadband fee" but obviously loyalty is a one way process it would seem.

Anyway, WHY don't they do do 4G Broadband as a standard option?

EE & BT do it, come on PlusNet....

11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Loss of referrals

Move your broadband to your relatives house, getting a 2nd line installed if necessary. Even with house move costs its got to be worth it to keep your £50/mnth referrals

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

weetech

Thanks for the reply but the problem is the only provider available in my relatives house is BT, PlusNet are unable to provide a service.

4G Broadband would be universal hence my wish for PlusNet to make it part of their portfolio.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

If BT can provide a service, Plusnet should be able to. Why can't they - genuine question?

John
weetech

When my relative asked they were told that BT was the only supplier at the exchange which is a new housing estate and served by fibre cable to the premises. That was 3 years ago, maybe it has changed now.

I will check.

Ok i checked & it seems (at least from the portal) that PlusNet can do a new line but its an 18 month contract!!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK - that explains it, as PN do not have an FTTP product at the moment.

EDIT: Don't think they can, if the property is served by FTTP

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Ok i checked & it seems (at least from the portal) that PlusNet can do a new line but its an 18 month contract!!

You may be able to do a 'house move' and keep the existing contract.  I seem to recall its about £65, so even with a new line install of £49.99 its probably still worth doing to retain the referrals. You need to talk to the House moves team to see what might be possible and what the costs would be.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MisterW  If it's a new FTTP only housing estate there may be no provision for copper lines to be installed. Such as no cabinet or exchange lines available. If that is the case Plusnet can not offer any service.

weetech

Bearing in mind the possibility that the portal may be wrong & if PlusNet do not have FTTP then I would have hoped that as I am a loyal customer & influencer (ok referrer) they could allow me to have the referrals & put me on an email only account until either they do have FTTTP OR They do 4G Broadband OR my house is built.

That way I would continue to refer people & we are all happy....

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@weetech You can hope but I think the chance of Plusnet doing any of the possible options that you want is extremely unlikely.🙄

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone this afternoon @weetech

As discussed, orders - including house Move orders, can be deferred for up to 90 days, meaning you'd be able to stay on the same account, initiate the House Move, and we'll place the orders with a required date 3 months ahead.

If the property is not ready by then, simply give us a call and we'll be able to defer it further. The account would remain the same, meaning your current referrals will remain. Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
weetech

Thats great, many thanks, I would be happy with that situation.