cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat

FIXED
Dave09

Live Chat

I'm new to plusnet. I've had a problem since joining which I won't bore you with. However as part of the fault investigation I've been asked to send a file via live chat. Don't ask me why.

However, since trying to achieve this it's constantly greyed out.

I've looked back on the history of live chat and it seems particularly chequered.

So questions are...

Can I reasonably expect it to be working? And if so what is it I've read about ads/pop up blocking being a cause? 

Also while here why does my keyboard/spell checker get screwed up while in plusnet.

Hope someone can help.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Live Chat

Don't recall you can send a file via CHAT, but for it to work, disable any browser
pop up blocker; if no improvement, try different browser.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you browser is configured to block tracking, that may also interfere with the rather aggressive chat thing.

You can upload certain file types to any tickets which have been raised.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Fix

@Dave09as mentioned by others.... Live chat will show as "greyed out"  or "not available" please try later, because of adblockers in your browser, 

To get around this...  install Internet Explorer, as it comes... or you can use OPERA browser, as it comes, and you should find Live Chat works. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Moved from General Chat to Everything Else
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Dave09

Thanks for this.

All working now I've loaded opera. Except you're right they don't accept downloads despite being asked to use that route. Not even a cut and paste.

So it's back to the drawing board. Or perhaps back to Three.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You could upload your file to some cloud-type storage & send Plusnet a link although they would probably refuse to open it.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

All access to file sharing platforms is blocked at our end, if you'd like to share a file I'd be happy to pass it to the right people.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

However as part of the fault investigation I've been asked to send a file via live chat

The OP seems to be suggesting that a support agent requested that the file be sent via chat … if chat really does not support that functionality, then someone made a mistake here: either the agent requesting the action or the OP understanding what was actually being asked.

Is it possible that there was a ticket opened by the agent and the request (within the chat session) was intended to ask that the file be uploaded to the ticket?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.