cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Domain to webspace?

svizan6

Linking Domain to webspace?

Hi, I've just bought a domain and im wondering if it's possible to link my webspace to the domain and if so how?
Thanks.  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Linking Domain to webspace?

Who did you buy the domain with?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
svizan6

Quote from: Strat
Who did you buy the domain with?

Dynadot
www.dynadot.com
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You need to arrange for the domain to be hosted on your plusnet account. Then you can use it with your webspace.
See the help & support pages related to domain hosting here.
Note: you want to just host the domain not transfer it as transferring means PN will bill you for the domain when it expires and they are very expensive compared to many dedicated domain registration companies.
svizan6

Thanks, So I would be charged 15 pounds to do this with a .com domain?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

No, registration and payment remains where it is. You just need to arrange to HOST the domain on your account, which is free, not transfer it to PlusNet.
You do this by changing the name servers on the domain to PlusNet's ones (see the help pages)  and when that has changed, raise a ticket and ask for the domain to be hosted on your account. The help pages explain this.
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: svizan6
... im wondering if it's possible to link my webspace to the domain and if so how? ...

You may wish to reconsider since this / and this happened?  Roll_eyes
svizan6

Ok, i've sort of worked it out now but im not sure what to do on the side of my Hosting company. Here is a screenshot of the settings page, what should I be entering and where? It appears that it gives 2 options, one is for actually doing as described above and the other is some sort of Masking(the Forwarding section)?Huh
Is it necessary to have them transferred if I can just Stealth Forward the domain so the result is my Plus webspace? Or do both that and the 'Name servers' need to be entered?
PIC: http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5293/dnsmv1.png
Thanks.