Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental/Broadband contract.

FIXED
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Line rental/Broadband contract.

If you have paid for line rental in advance for a year and it runs to December but your broadband contract ends in June what happens if you changed your ISP ?

Do you simply lose the money on your remaining line rental ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Line rental/Broadband contract.

I think, under normal circumstances, you would lose the outstanding LRS. But if you were to switch after a detrimental price increase then the oustanding LRS is repaid as long as you follow the correct procedures.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Fix

Good evening @gleneagles,

As @Mav has advised you would indeed lose out on the line rental saver if you were to migrate across once your contract finishes. Is there something that is making you want to switch providers, i.e problems with your internet services? We may be able to help with this.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Eizo24
Hooked

Mav, re your post above - what are the correct procedures?

According to point 4 here, Line Rental Saver is non-refundable.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

You have 30days to cancel your contract after being told of the increase. It's an Ofcom requirement see here   https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/New-tariffs-coming-in-for-phone-and-Call-Protect-avai...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Eizo24
Hooked

I had an email notifying me of the increase on 27 September and I started the migration to another ISP on 28 October. So that's 31 days.

Also, the increase was part of the contract - i.e. the price goes up after 18 months, so Plusnet would probably argue that they notified me 18 months ago.

I'd actually prefer to stay with Plusnet because I like the service but I just can't afford to pay the new figure of £40.48 per month.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Ah that's different, I was referring to a general price increase. What you need to do is ring Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 and negotiate another contract. It will help if you quote the cheapest competitors new customers price. If you still have LRS running you are at a bit of a disadvantage. If you have no LRS it's best to go for the I'm thinking of leaving option when you ring. You could of course try it.  Don't accept the first offer if it's not very good.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Eizo24
Hooked

Thanks for that Baldrick Thumbs_Up - I'll take your advice and give Customer Options a ring.