cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Madasafish Web site (repeat)

nelsonfc
Hooked

Legacy Madasafish Web site (repeat)

I'm looking to update an old website I created in the Madasafish days.

I've just installed a new FTP client to upload some files but can't logon the the server.

I have no idea whether i'm using the correct user name and password.

Can this be reset or can somebody help in anyway.

I've just been on the phone for 60 minutes and the line went dead, can somebody help me here?

11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Legacy Madasafish Web site (repeat)

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile Tech Help to Everything Else 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

The username you'd use would be the same one you'd login to the Madasafish website Here and you can reset your password from Here. There's also more settings you can find Here which you may need.

But let me know if you need any further help Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nelsonfc
Hooked

I've been dealing with customer support phone lines this week.

It appears I have the correct username and password but when I try to log on I still cannot connect. Please see attached screenshot

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello,

I can't see a screenshot, did you forget to attach it? No worries if you did forget, just attach it now and I'll take a look. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nelsonfc
Hooked

Screenshot attached

nelsonfc
Hooked

Screenshot Attached

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, I think I see the issue as you're using the wrong login details.

You'd just use your username not your full Freenetname e-mail address. The username is that part before the @ symbol.

Let me know how you get on. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nelsonfc
Hooked

I think I've tried every combination. Been on the phone to Plusnet they have confirmed correct name/password. Apparently now passed to 'domain' team.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looking through the notes, I can see you're having issues logging into your Madasafish account also. Could you check if you can log from Here with your full Freenetname e-mail address and password?

If that doesn't work then the issue is likely the password, because from what I can see everything else checks out OK.

Let me know how it goes. 

[edit]

Also I can see on the 22.04.22 our NetOps team changed your password (with your permission) and were able to log in fine. Since then I can't see that you've reset your password back so you'd likely need to use the forgot password tool here > https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nelsonfc
Hooked

Cannot log on to suggested website even with confirmed username and password from your team.

Tried to reset and do not receive an e-mail, cannot log on to Madasfish and then we are back in the never ending cycle.....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’m 99.9% certain this is a password issue because we wouldn’t have been able to tell you the password we changed it to on the 22nd April and since then, there haven’t been any further password changes. 

If you don’t receive an email to reset your password, then the only other way is for us to generate a random password over the phone you can login with, then you can change it once you’re in your account > http://www.madasafish.com/support/billing/change_account_details/password_information/forgotten_pass...

If you can PM me your contact number, we can call you back but unfortunately I’m not in the office now so if one of my colleagues can’t pick this up over the weekend, we can call you on Monday (or you can call us 0800 432 0200 if you’d like the password reset sooner).

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet