Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plusnet - But recently paid yearly Domain Fee

Juksey
Dabbler

Leaving plusnet - But recently paid yearly Domain Fee

Hi there,,
I will  be leaving PlusNet shortly,
please advise what I need to do regarding moving my website and Domain registration away,
Regards
Ian
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Leaving plusnet - But recently paid yearly Domain Fee

See Transferring a domain out in the hosting guide for instructions.
When hosting is removed from Plusnet, DNS will no longer point to your Plusnet webspace and email addressed to your domain will have to be handled elsewhere.
David
decomplexity
Rising Star

But if, as you imply, you have also registered the domain via PlusNet (who I guess use Just The Name - JTN  - as registrar), JTN has an obligation to remain registrar until the registration expires even if you quit PlusNet for other services.
If so, make sure you have logon details for JTN: you will need them in order to:
- amend the name servers specified in the registry entry to point to new mail and/or web services
or
- move registrarship to another registrar (you can stay with JTN, but they aren't the cheapest) 
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
Anteaus
Grafter

IIRC, the domain registrar (IPS Tag) cannot be changed withtin three months of registering a new domain. Most decent registrars will honour the remaining time for a domain transferred to them.
For most purposes this doesn't affect functionality, you can in most cases have the DNS servers changed to another host in which case it functions as if it were hosted there.