cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave Plusnet and return as a New customer

simonpplf
Grafter

Re: Leave Plusnet and return as a New customer

It's not hassle to switch though is it ? (touches wood!) you just look for the best deal and google around to see which has least complaints on forums etc. I avoided TalkTalk for that reason they sound dreadful, hopefully plus-net should be a fairly safe bet being part of BT, it's more or less someone just flicking a switch some where any way probably. Vodafone have one last chance to screw up my final bill I guess, but they've been fine for 18 months, apart for the debacle over how they measure their guaranteed speed ( which only measures the line speed speed between their equipment and your hub) Perhaps I've just been lucky .

These OFCOM interventions might not be a bad thing. I thought that Theresa May's attempt at  banning variable energy contracts would back fire, however it does  seem to have forced the two big players to compete with new deals. That means I've managed to switch to Scottish Power who also offer the warm home discount on broader terms, which  means I get another £140 off. Hopefully next year I will switch  to BG ( the first time I've ever been with them!),  who knows.

We've had VM fibre installed around here, these things are long term investments, you can tell not many people have taken it up yet because of the lack of little brown lunch boxes which appear. Basically people seem to go with them when they can't put a dish up or don't care how much it costs. They will probably have to drop the price at some point as fewer people want their live TV I expect.

Personally I switched to streaming only when I left BT 18 months ago no skipping through adverts anymore and can cancel it if not watching, in-fact every time I've tried to cancel Now TV they've offer it to be less than half price 😉

kenwneill
Hooked

Interesting post TeeGee but isn't that typical of OFCOM - be seen to be on the side of the consumer but leave a MASSIVE loophole in that Cashbacks and Freebies are excluded. Expect Cashback to become the norm from all providers for new customers - seems it already has with Plusnet - leaving existing customers paying a much higher package price.

wufer
Grafter
Fixes: 1

"OFCOM have also stated that new customer deals must be offered to all existing customers, excluding cashbacks and freebies.  BT, Sky, and Talk Talk have all agreed to this."

But not PN. !

rytenuff

" OFCOM have decreed that from March 2020 not only has everyone to be notified of the end of their contract but also be offered the "best" deal for the service.  OFCOM have also stated that new customer deals must be offered to all existing customers, excluding cashbacks and freebies.  BT, Sky, and Talk Talk have all agreed to this."

Not quiite:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/09/ofcom-tackle-uk-broadband-isp-pricing-to-protect-vulne...

simonpplf
Grafter

I've not noticed the energy price cap pushed prices up for those who switch every year. In fact I've got a better deal because now Scottish power and British gas compete on new deals like they never did before.