cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Issue

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Landline Issue

Hi all, I'm having a issue with my landline although this isn't affecting my internet or telephone. The landland seems to have dropped lower since a bit of bad weather and it swings about a lot. The issue is it touches the house of another property but this property is having a side extension added on this summer and the landland is far too low and will virtually lie on the roof of it. Is there anyway I could have this raised as a fault or issue and have it tightened up at the telegraph post and my own property? I mean if I left it as it is it would possible be damaged with the new extension on the other property. I've attached a picture to show.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Landline Issue

I would hope that Plusnet would report a problem if your landline is actually touching your neighbours property now. However if BT just lifted it a couple of feet that would cure the problem for now but may still cause a problem when next door is extended. if tt's OK at the moment and your neighbours building will obstruct the cable then I would expect that it's your neighbours responsibility to get it moved before his building work commences. That way any costs are your neighbours, not yours.

If it were me, if it wasn't broke I would probably leave it to your neighbour and get him to sort as part of his building work.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes I can see @Baldrick1 point.

Depending on how comptent the builders are, there is not much point in trying to get something rectified, which could still be broken anyway after you've got it changed before the extension is completed. I suppose you can always let your neighbour and builders know about your concern, but they should be able to see it anyway.

I had a similar issue, where I had my roof done, and the cable was dropped. The builders came back and installed this bracket.

Picture attached.

Mind you looking at mine, it is still quite low.

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Thank you I've checked out my neighbors plans on planning applications and its a big extension,. I'll take a visit to my neighbor this week to see if the landlands are apart of this planning. As you see in the image from the middle of the roof it will be going to the left or right if you look the neighbors property at the front so it would be completely lying on the new roof of the extension. On looking at the telegraph post 6 other properties on my street which is a dead end street also pass over this house which could mean a new telegraph post been put in our street with new cables to avoid it hitting this extension.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try reporting it to Openreach on their damage reporting line https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/damage-or-theft/report-damage.aspx

David