cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping webspace after changing products

j123
Grafter

Keeping webspace after changing products

I'm currently on a legacy PAYG account with both CGI and non-CGI webspace. I'm thinking of changing my package to Extra & Calls with the Plusnet Pro add-on.
I just wanted to double check that I can continue using my existing webspace (I have a domain name pointing to the CGI webspace).
Also, how do I go about making sure it won't be deleted or discontinued during the switch? Do I raise a ticket?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Keeping webspace after changing products

When I made the same change I was told all additional benefits were retained automatically if I used the Product Change option in the Member Centre. So I did, and that is what happened. Smiley
I don't recall there being much (any?) communications about the switch apart from on closed tickets in the Member Centre. However if you are nervous you could raise a ticket to request confirmation. I suggest going to http://www.plus.net/wizard/, then click More at the bottom of the Customer Services list, then Other at the bottom of the next list.
David
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi j123,
Just confirming what spraxyt has stated above, as long as the CGI and webspace components are on your account when the change is requested you'll keep them when moving over Smiley
Feel free to request that you keep them specifically on a ticket though, if you don't want to place the order via the portal - or raise a separate ticket after placing the order, either way should work fine.
Hope that helps.
j123
Grafter

That's great.
Thanks Matt and spraxyt.
Jim
hulls
Grafter

I've also upgraded my account over time, and always kept the benefits that I had before, including web space - a provided domain  etc.
John
Gabe
Grafter

Yes, it sounds like moving from Broadband PAYG to Plusnet Extra + Plusnet Pro goes rather more smoothly than moving from Broadband PAYG to Plusnet Value + Plusnet Pro. I did that recently and it seemed to require the magic powers of Digital Care for me to hang on to my static IP. Hey ho.
Cautionary tale for optimists (with apologies to the op for wandering off a bit):
Certain posts on these forums, together with Plusnet's support pages, misled me to believe that the Plusnet Pro add-on included features beyond traffic prioritisation.
For instance, reading here that
If you move to Plusnet Value, you will be charged £2 a month for Plusnet Protect.
If you move to Plusnet Extra or Plusnet Pro, Plusnet Protect will be included for no additional cost.

gave me the false impression that taking the Plusnet Pro add-on would allow me to hang on to Plusnet Protect. But no, the info refers to the old Plusnet Pro product which hasn't been available since 18 April 2011, even though the support page was updated on 24 October 2011. If you move to Plusnet Value, Plusnet Protect drops off, even if you also take Plusnet Pro.
Similarly, reading here that Plusnet Pro came with "240 mins" of "inclusive broadband phone minutes", and noting that Plusnet Pro was not starred as a "product no longer available" led me to believe that the current Plusnet Pro product included VoIP minutes. It was starting to look like good value. But no, that also refers to the defunct Plusnet Pro product. (Fortunately, if you move from PAYG, you do seem to keep the 120 minutes you had with that product.)
And, reading here that Plusnet Pro, listed as one of the "current 'for sale' products", allowed a static IP led me to think that shouldn't be a problem either. But no ...
(I wonder what bright spark decided to call the new traffic-prioritisation add-on Plusnet Pro.)
Possibly time to update and clarify the support pages?
When I last looked, there were comparison sites listing features of the defunct Plusnet Pro product, but linking through to the new Plusnet Pro product. Hey ho.
That'll teach me.  Roll_eyes
Gabe
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much for that Gabe, I'll pass those on to the web team and see what we can do.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Problem 69852 raised Smiley